307 110 2.0hdi NIGHTMARE! Any advice please help! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-14, 08:39 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation 307 110 2.0hdi NIGHTMARE! Any advice please help!

Im not a mechanic and dont have many tools and not much spare money and time as im moving house shortly

Iv only owned the car about a month and since buying it iv had nothing but problems, hence why i got it cheap!

Firstly its the RHS engine

When i finally got it insured and on the road last week i noticed the turbo wasnt working, the engine light came on and wouldnt rev over 2k and struggles to get over 50mph unless im going downhill and said anti pollution fault then said unblock diesel filter and also abs not functioning! (I know it means dpf on exhaust)
I checked the large hose that comes from the intercooler and this leads to something with a butterfly flap inside, this is open when the engine is cold? Not sure if thats correct but i noticed some oil inside this flap? Anyways i put that back together and did about 40 mile drive and took it on the motorway for a couple of miles, the next day i started the car and no lights? No warnings NOTHING! The turbo is still not kicking in but it does go through the revs apart from 4th and 5th, they are limited to 2k(ish) revs but 1st 2nd and 3rd arnt too bad?

Iv seen loads of posts about this but no real solution? Im on a budget and dont want to get rid of the car!

Iv heard people talk about vac pipes and solenoids etc can someone show me a picture of what they look like on the car so i can find them and how i check them

Also when i have found the fault and sorted the problem thats caused the limp mode/no turbo, do i have to take it to a main dealer to reset the ecu or will the turbo just come back after resetting the codes on a normal diy scanner?

Any help or point me in the right direction would be grateful
scott1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-14, 11:06 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Craigleather

Wow... Big job, best bet is to chuck it on pp or diagbox to get the list of problems then knock the on the head one by one, dpf removal is easy and easy to clean, jet wash the bastard out hahaa!! Where you based?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-02-14, 04:25 AM   #3
COLINELLIS

Talking Sorry War & Peace LOL

Hi Scott & Welcome

First thing to do is read the below post and get your posts up to 20 so you can Private Message a Member with Peugeot Planet 2000 ( Clone of dealer Diagnostics)

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

Here is the new updated PP2000 Map as some members on the original are no longer active etc etc

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...75332,28.54248

Second thing is update and post your location, as there may be a member just around the corner willing to help or someone with local knowledge that can recommend a decent garage to you.

Thirdly and your car details to your signature again speeds up any responses as we will know petrol diesel model year etc etc.

Now the lack of Turbo boost could be many things ranging from difficult and expensive to relatively cheap and easy to fix. 1 thing you could try is unplug your Mass Air Flow Sensor ( Its a plug just behind the air filter box ) and see if there is any improvement. If this fails it has the effect of turning off the turbo as the car has no idea how much air is entering the engine and how much boost to develop. Also when was it last serviced? a block air filter and fuel filter etc will greatly reduce engine performance.

Next ABS fault, Probably a faulty sensor only about 10 off ebay and not too difficult to change with basic tools and mechanical knowledge or about an hours labour at a garage. A Member with PP2000 can identify this.

Finally Antipollution fault / Unblock Filter this is probably connected to the loss of power. This generally happens when the filter cannot regenerate due to a fault somewhere on the system ( It needs everything to be working in order to regen ie glowplugs etc etc ) Or the Eloys fluid is low / empty ( a Catalyst added automatically to the fuel to aid this process ). Yes the DPF can be removed etc Cleaned and or programmed out of the car but you will need to sort the problem out before this happens as it may cause bigger issues in the long run. Vac / Boost pipes are all the pipes connected to the Turbo and intercooler etc check them for splits etc and that they are all connected.

Personally I would contact a member on here with Planet and offer them a few Beer tokens and get a FULL DIAGNOSTIC done with live data etc and then post up the findings on here and we can help and advise on here as I would bet someone has had one if not all of the problems you are currently experiencing.

Hope this helps and you get it sorted
Craigleather likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-14, 07:36 AM   #4

Mod note: Thread moved to 307 section.
Old 04-02-14, 01:04 PM   #5
Inactive User

Hi Colin,

Thanks for that, i have updated the details.

i have also contacted someone on here with PP, fingers crossed he gets back to me asap

i will check the air mass sensor tonight and see what happens, the turbo seems to be at the back of the engine and a pain to get to, il see what i can do as im limited with light as its pitch black when i get home from work

will keep you updated, thanks for the help guys, very appreciated!
Old 04-02-14, 03:16 PM   #6

Where you located Scott?

Old 04-02-14, 03:29 PM   #7
Inactive User

Hi Craig, im in Leeds but dont mind venturing out slightly
Old 04-02-14, 04:45 PM   #8

Pop down St. Helens I'll do it ASAP well when ever you wanna make arrangements

Old 04-02-14, 04:55 PM   #9
Inactive User

i appreciate that craig mate, the only problem i have is the car struggles to get past 50mph, it will do it but as soon as i hit a slight incline on motorway it slows down, not sure if it would be safe to drive on motorway that long?

Also to colin, im not sure when the last service was done, i dont have any service history with the car but its covered 200,364 miles! i was going to service it but not until i have this problem sorted and moved house etc
Old 04-02-14, 05:44 PM   #10

the doser/flap is only really used when the car is cold and does not need to use the intercooler also used when the FAP/DPF needs to be cleaned it will close to help the regeneration process quicker,

the abs/esp lights are 60% always down to the FAP/DPF faults, since you have no power I would say that your filter may be blocked how many miles on the car? also you could try and unplug the maf sensor and swap the EGR valve with the turbo one but this might be point less as your car is in limp mode you could always try this if you wish,

if you get a member from here to put the car on planet I would get them to take a screen shot of the faults on the engine and post on here I would say there might be a few on yours, its worth checking the FAP/DPF on planet to see how much its blocked again a screen shot would be good to,
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in