307 1.6Hdi turbo failing. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-19, 01:50 PM   #1

Default 307 1.6Hdi turbo failing.

Hi all, new member here and typically a request for help.

I have an 06 307sw 1.6Hdi. I drove it on a 400 mile round trip at the weekend and en route I got the depolution system faulty message, it's a none DPF. A mechanic gave it a quick once over and it appears the turbo is failing. The fins are not spinning freely and it's sticking/rubbing against its housing and there's play in it.

I understand it's often an oil feed problem that causes the problem but would like opinions on whether it's with installing a second hand turbo that seems in good condition. I've looked at reconditioned turbo but none will offer the usual warranty with this engine, so it could be throwing money away. Or should I just accept the car has had its day, it's got 134000 miles on the clock.

Also I've looked at a 2012 308 1.6 Hdi cat n (light damage) for 2600. Im led to believe that after 2009 peugeot changed the turbo and addressed the problems associated with the 1.6hdi turbos. Would that be true?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Jay.
Shootlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-04-19, 02:17 PM   #2

1 DPF is not what antipollution/depollution messages mean this is a common misconseption

2 1.6 hdi turbos fail because of poor servicing regimes overworking or crap oil generally but these turbos STILL fail on newer engines for the same reasons they are too small and overworked anything over 100k miles is good going for a modern turbo.

3 after 2010 the WHOLE ENGINE is changed but i believe its still essentially the same turbos.
Old 30-04-19, 05:07 PM   #3

Thanks @reliable406 the car was regularly serviced so maybe I'm just unlucky. With the engine change in 2010, would this help with the life of the turbo?

Apparently the design of the oil feed etc as well as the points you mention contributed to the poor turbo life so if this was changed then has there been much feedback on the old turbo problems been resolved somewhat?

Jay
Shootlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-04-19, 08:08 PM   #4

No the newer engines will still suffer turbo failures as they are worked even harder AND all newer engines have DPFs these will get clogged and kill the turbos with back pressure if anything the newer ones will be worse !

I have a mazda 3 here 61 plate with the newer engine its dead !
Old 01-05-19, 11:18 AM   #5

Have a read at this:

nwex.co.uk/pugdiag/1.6-hdi-carbo-issues.pdf
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in