307 1.6 wont start - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-19, 07:11 PM   #1

Default 307 1.6 wont start

Hi
Im new to the forum firstly i just want to say how grateful i am for such a forum.

Been stressing all day.im new to the pug world always wanted a 205 gti (whodoesn't) but anyhow i literally just got myself a 2006 1.6 Peugeot 307 1.6 diesel 5 doorjust over a 100k. (It was a mates car but i got it of him as itsnever let him down)

any hows i put the car through an mot changed the usual bits brake pads, wish bones etc at the time a fan problem began the fan wouldnt switch of after the car was switched of leading to the battery dying.

When plugged in to diagnostics machine at my uncle's mot centre all the faults would come up in french?

Anyhow that problem somehow disappeared itself and for the last weeks ive been driving the 307. Started first time every time until last week i tried firing her up and she wouldn't start.

The lights came on the dash and it was turning over but it wouldn't fire.

After jump starting it from a neighbour's car he said he thought the battery ij the fob was dying because he messed about with that till it started.

Once again car was working fine until today i was driving to work. I stalled.. i then fired the car up again and im sure it stalled itself.. i then tried firing it again and it just wouldn't start..same as last time as the electrics were working fine u could here it cranking but it just wont fire.

In the end to went in to economy mode. After scrolling the forums i believe that happens when the battery's low. I've now had the car recovered to mine.

Me and my dad have had a look at all the fuses every thing seems fine there.

Tried jump-starting it of a big battery same again turns over but wont fire. Ive changed the battery in the fob (now let me lock the car using the fob wouldn't before) but still no luck and doesn't fire. I suspect fuel pump?

We lifted the back seats and cant hear the pump whirring?

Could anyone tell me if u can hear the primary pump in the 307?

Checked to see if fuels going to the first injector and nothing once again.

Im not to sure which one is the return fuel line but fuel came out of the green one? But nothing out of the white? Am i right in saying the white one is the one that sends it to the engine and then green one is the return?

I do not have all the software and leads etc that i have read up on the forums sp sadly i cant run a diagnosis nor can o afford to take it to the garage.

Could anyone tell me what to check if i have misssed anything? Are fuel pumps a common problem? Does it sound like a fuel pump issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance

Last edited by Gibbo; 12-07-19 at 11:07 AM. Reason: grammar, punctuation, made it readable!
Brokenpug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-19, 09:05 PM   #2

Default no start

You need to confirm if the in tank fuel pump is delivering fuel to the high pressure pump I guess....

Lift the back seat, remove the electrical connections. usually on a PUG it has 4 wires and connections. the 2 larger ones are for the 12v feed to the pump.

Using a spare battery (or just take yours out) rig up 2 wires from the battery to the two larger terminals and you will hear the pump running if its working......

If it isn't running with the 12v supply, then you shoudl go further and remove that and inspect for blockage or damage and replace it.

Have to tried priming the diesel at the filter? You mave a low pressure at the filter if the return line is loosing pressure back to the tank perhaps.....

I am not sure of the HDi cars ECU/BSi set up but I suspect it could be similar....but track down the faults one at a time unless you get it diagnosed by someone with a PP2000 diagnostics tool.
Markdas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-19, 09:15 PM   #3

Do the simple checks first. Beep test: key in ignition then open the drivers door and it should do the warning beep that you've left the key in.
Check for priming bulb at the rear top of the engine just behind the injectors, if there is one then their will be no lift pump in the tank, prime until the bulb goes hard. Double check all fuses including the engine bay ones and check the earths.
Update your forum profile to give your location and check the Peugeot Planet map to see if there is a member nearby who might be able to help for a few beer tokens.
Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-19, 08:35 AM   #4

There is NO fuel pump in the tank on a 1.6 diesel

Sorry but you have written so much info with no spaces its very hard to read without loosing place.

If you can edit the post making a few paragraphs it will be easier to read.
Gibbo likes this.
Old 12-07-19, 11:08 AM   #5

Tidied it up a little.

I'd start again with a proper diagnostic and we'll take it from there.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 16-07-19, 06:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markdas View Post
You need to confirm if the in tank fuel pump is delivering fuel to the high pressure pump I guess....

Lift the back seat, remove the electrical connections. usually on a PUG it has 4 wires and connections. the 2 larger ones are for the 12v feed to the pump.h

Using a spare battery (or just take yours out) rig up 2 wires from the battery to the two larger terminals and you will hear the pump running if its working......

If it isn't running with the 12v supply, then you shoudl go further and remove that and inspect for blockage or damage and replace it.

Have to tried priming the diesel at the filter? You mave a low pressure at the filter if the return line is loosing pressure back to the tank perhaps.....

I am not sure of the HDi cars ECU/BSi set up but I suspect it could be similar....but track down the faults one at a time unless you get it diagnosed by someone with a PP2000 diagnostics tool.
Hi thank you for your reply. I found out the hard way today I bought what I thought was a fuel pump for the 307. The broker assured me it was the right one but after removing my old it appears that there isn’t a fuel pump in the tank ? Just a sender unit. I connected it up anyway and i could hear the motor working and it even sent fuel to the injectors but the cars still not firing. I’ve no idea how to update my profile to add my location but I’m in Blackburn / Preston. If that’s any help?
Local garage when it gets plugged it it all comes up in french for some reason on the diagnostics screen
Old 16-07-19, 06:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
There is NO fuel pump in the tank on a 1.6 diesel

Sorry but you have written so much info with no spaces its very hard to read without loosing place.

If you can edit the post making a few paragraphs it will be easier to read.

Thank you so much for your reply.
Apologies for the lack of spacing. I wrote it out in a panic as I’ve been stressing so bad over the car. Still unable to get it to work !
Regarding the fuel pump I sadly found out today after purchasing One .. that there isn’t one in the tank 🏽
Old 16-07-19, 06:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Tidied it up a little.

I'd start again with a proper diagnostic and we'll take it from there.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Apologies I’ve no idea how to add myself to the map?
I’m from the Preston / Blackburn area if that helps
Old 17-07-19, 12:16 AM   #9

1.6 hdi does not have fuel pump in tank it relays on suction from the high pressure pump, sounds like either a sensor/wiring or fuel draining back to tank, take cover off top of engine (if it has a cover) squeeze priming bulb (to left of engine when stood under bonnet) until it gets hard to squeeze then try start
Old 17-07-19, 07:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenpug View Post
Apologies Iíve no idea how to add myself to the map?
Iím from the Preston / Blackburn area if that helps
People on the map have got the diag tool and want to help others. You should use it to contact any nearby.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in