307 1.6 hdi eolys fluid bladder type housing box - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-16, 06:22 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307 1.6 hdi eolys fluid bladder type housing box

Hi I was pulling out of a car today and the wheel clipped the kerb and somehow smashed the black plastic shield that houses the eolys fluid. It has broken the 2 part container that contains the eolys bladder. Also the clip from the little black box which sits inside the container has broken.

I managed to rescue the bladder, so just need a bit of info on where I get the part from and also any ideas to stop this happening again. I see it as really poor design to house this fluid in a plastic box under the car ..Arrgghh Peugeot!!!

Also if anyone can help with the part number that would be great.

Thx
Attached Thumbnails
part1.jpg   part.jpg  

Last edited by Maxim123; 25-06-16 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Hi I have attached picture I have found which may help to visualise the problem. My box is more damaged then the one here
Maxim123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-06-16, 07:14 PM   #2

1500GY is the additive lid, 1500GZ is the 'additive sump' . post the last 8 digits of your VIN and we can double check.
The box should have been held up with metal strap, can't see how the wheel would damage it if it was attached properly unless it was a big curb!
Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-06-16, 08:10 PM   #3
Inactive User

The last 8 digits of the VIN are 84846104.. I did not have a metal bar across, so that makes sense why it got damaged.. So looks like I will need that as well.. Does the additive container come with the pipe to connect to the bladder bag?

Old 25-06-16, 08:34 PM   #4

Ok this part numbers are correct. In addition the metal strap is 153868.
The container has no pipework, that is separate. The bladder has the small pipe that goes directly to the additive pump.

Last edited by Eccles; 25-06-16 at 08:37 PM.
Old 25-06-16, 09:27 PM   #5
Inactive User

Default Hi

Many thanks for the information. It looks like the pipe that goes from the little pump unit to the actual bag has snapped off. I was wondering if this pipe would be available separately to somehow repair it? or would it mean getting a new additive pump??

Also is there any metal casing that should be around the sump other then this metal bar holding it up.

Would I be ok to drive without the additive or is it a urgent job?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thx
Old 25-06-16, 10:41 PM   #6

No problem!
I'm not sure if the little pipe is part of the pump or the additive bag.
I'm family certain my additive case has a heat shield around it though. Without photos of your pump and additive bag it's hard to say. Either way I would get it sorted ASAP. Additive is injected into the fuel tank every time you refuel so you could drive until then but you risk further damage to things like the wiring harness.
An additive bag can be had for around 90 but it's over 110 at the dealers.
Old 26-06-16, 02:09 PM   #7
Inactive User

Default hi

Hi

I have attached a picture to show where the pipe has snapped if that helps. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
part2.jpg  
Old 26-06-16, 05:09 PM   #8

Additive is indeed injected each time you fill up with diesel (more than 10 litres on newer cars). You will do no damage driving without an additive tank until you fill up with diesel. After that, if you don't have it injected the I'm told the DPF will clog up eventually. Short term fix is to inject a few ml of eolys from your salvaged bag into the diesel filler cap before you fill up so in-going diesel will wash it down and mix. I believe it's possible to stick a syringe in the connector on the bag.

Just had to replace mine - pouch of powerflex type cost 135 from Peugeot.

Your best bet for a new plug connection bit is to find a similar model/age car in a scrapyard and raid the piece off of that

This picture is what mine looks like, although this is a 2.0 the systems are similar.

Last edited by lorddevereux; 26-06-16 at 05:23 PM.
lorddevereux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-06-16, 06:10 PM   #9

You can get a pouch cheaper than that for the 1.6 hdi. Dealer price is 112.51
Eurocarcare are cheaper: 9678080680 - DPF Particulate Fluid Pouch and eureakacarparts.com are a bit cheaper again.
Old 13-10-16, 04:17 PM   #10
Inactive User

Has anyone ever used Partacus.de? It's the cheapest price I can find for part 9678080680.
Bazsutto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in