307 '05 1.6TDi rear engine coolant leak - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-04-19, 04:20 PM   #1

Default 307 '05 1.6TDi rear engine coolant leak

Hi all, I have used this forum to solve a few small issues on my 307 you have all been mighty helpful, it flew through the mot with only 3 advisories after standing in a garage for 2 years.

Anyway some info in the car, it's a 1.6 turbo diesel, and has 's' badges on the side it runs pretty much perfectly other than an irritatingly difficult to find leak.

It's only when the engine gets to roughly halfway in the while block on the bottom of the temp gauge and seems to trickle down most of the engine itself, the result is a puddle about a foot left of the the centre of the engine itself, it seems to be dripping off the exhaust pipe coming from the turbo, and the framework just back from that.

My best guess is it's either a cracked pipe or bad connection to the block from the upper heater matrix pipe.

I was wondering if anyone has had any simmilar issues and could help with a part no. For the hose and any tips on how to change it, as a repair doesn't seem feasible.

Access is limited but by removing the battery, its cradle and the air cleaner pipes, the bulkhead for the heatermatric is visable and this doesn't seem to be where the leak is starting from but I could be wrong, it also doesn't seem to be the bottom hose which comes round the right side of the engine.

Any help or past knowledge is well appreciated and if you need any more information please ask (I think i got everything ) cheers -Z
Electromech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-04-19, 06:37 PM   #2

Are you able to get the front of the car on ramps or axle stands so that you can look see with the engine hot and running from beneath?
madbadandold is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-04-19, 06:46 PM   #3

Check around the thermostat housing and the oil cooler they are common leakage points on 1.6 HDI

Old 23-04-19, 10:24 PM   #4

I have some ramps inbound and should be here within a day or so, that was my next course of action, get it nice and warm and get under so I can pinpoint the exact point of leakage, hopefully from there I can get a better idea of what's actually going on.

Thankyou, windy, i will double check these points when I'm next able to get under it, will post my findings when I know more, as I haven't been able to find a post with similar problems on the 1.6 diesel.

Thanks guys, -Z
Old 28-04-19, 01:48 PM   #5

I've had it up on the ramps and managed to inspect underneath, the leak is dripping onto the exhaust from the starter housing, which is being dropped on from a plastic sheath coating some wires, directly below the pipe which goes from the heater matrix point on the bulkhead to the block, only issue is getting to that connection, it seems to be that short and very wiggly pipe that's leaking from its connection to the block itself or it may be connected to the EGR unit, either way access is almost impossible from underneath, going to see if I can find anyone with simmilar problems that have been able to remedy it, cheers -Z
Old 01-05-19, 08:06 PM   #6

So I've managed to get on servicebox and get the code, its 00006466CK (non-FAP) but everywhere I look it's out of stock, it seems to be leaking from the connection to the EGR unit, so I'm tempted to replace the clip with a jubilee and see if that works, will update with findings when I get a chance to work on it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in