307; RD3 to RT3 Upgrade - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-12-12, 06:02 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307; RD3 to RT3 Upgrade

Good Evening all,

As in the subject I have been researching this topic on the internet for a long time. Sadly there is not alot of information relating directly to the 307 and RD3 unit like I have. However a good guide for 407 RD4 to RT3 upgrades exists in addition to a few in french (not a strong point of mine).

Anyhow heres the crack. I have a Peugeot 307 SE SW 2.0 2003 which currently has a VAN RD3 unit in with ISO connectors A, B & C for the CD Changer.

I know this upgrade is more than possible but it does require modifications to the wiring loom to convert to Quadlock.

My question really is does anyone have any experience of doing this upgrade on the 307? If so can you maybe assist me with the wiring needing to be done?

From what I gather I need a female ISO A&B connector to lugs and then need a variety of connectors in quadlock format to go into the RT3 head unit. Can you tell me where I might source such connectors as I do not have any donor wiring looms. I simple own a 7" colour screen with the optical connector input and an RT3 unit.

Secondly the existing LCD multi function display is removed when upgrading but the wiring & connector going into this unit... what happens to it with the RT3 screen upgrade? I assume you either tuck the cable behind the dash as it is not required or you cut off the connector and use some of the wiring to put into a fakra connector that then enters the new screen along with the optical input?

This may have confused you but I am sure some of you know the wiring better than me so any help on how I can convert my existing wiring would be great (even better with pictures).

Once I have completed the upgrade I will post back here with a comprehensive english tutorial of how you can upgrade RD3 to RT3.

Thanks

Matt
matt002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-01-13, 03:03 PM   #2
Inactive User

Thanks to all those who helped or even commented

I have managed to successfully do this upgrade and easier than I thought. Wired into the BSI and all expected RT3 functions working perfectly (except GPS at the moment).

I am in the process of writing a step by step tutorial which I will post here for anyone interested.

Matt
Old 13-01-13, 07:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt002 View Post
Thanks to all those who helped or even commented

I have managed to successfully do this upgrade and easier than I thought. Wired into the BSI and all expected RT3 functions working perfectly (except GPS at the moment).

I am in the process of writing a step by step tutorial which I will post here for anyone interested.

Matt
Hi Matt
Sorry haven't been on the forum for a while, i could have helped you with this upgrade...
If you need any info do not hesitate to ask..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
m3mpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-01-13, 09:34 PM   #4
Inactive User

Thanks,

Hopefully I recieve your antenna shortly!

The next thing I wanted to know was whether rear parking sensors will display the visual on my VAN RT3. I am going to try install a donor factory fit parking aid when I have the parts and was hoping it will integrate with the BSI & RT3 colour screen.

Regards

Matt
Old 13-01-13, 09:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Thanks,

Hopefully I recieve your antenna shortly!

The next thing I wanted to know was whether rear parking sensors will display the visual on my VAN RT3. I am going to try install a donor factory fit parking aid when I have the parts and was hoping it will integrate with the BSI & RT3 colour screen.

Regards

Matt
Hi
Yes that should work, but it must be the original kit, properly linked to the BSI.
And then this must be enabled in the BSI configuration and the RT3.
I've seen it working on 407's...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13-01-13, 09:42 PM   #6
Inactive User

Excellent.

Yes, I have seen the option in PP2000 so it is just a matter of whether I can get my hands on the parking sensors ECU & wiring looms from a scrap yard / breaker.

I had heard that VAN RT3's didnt display the visual on the colour screen for the parking aid but I did think that it must do considering it has an option in the PP2000 software.

Thanks
Old 13-01-13, 10:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Excellent.

Yes, I have seen the option in PP2000 so it is just a matter of whether I can get my hands on the parking sensors ECU & wiring looms from a scrap yard / breaker.

I had heard that VAN RT3's didnt display the visual on the colour screen for the parking aid but I did think that it must do considering it has an option in the PP2000 software.

Thanks
307's with VAN RT3 and parking sensors are rare I guess...I haven't seen many of them...
I hope you manage do it successfully...
Good luck

Old 08-12-14, 07:41 PM   #8
Inactive User

Hey,

Are you able to guide me with the upgrade please?

Many thanks
arnasx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-16, 07:09 PM   #9
Inactive User

Any link to a guide for this?
floggmolly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in