3 Beeps & Boot Leak Help - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-05-16, 05:13 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 3 Beeps & Boot Leak Help

Hello,

I just purchased my first car, a Peugeot 307 X-Line (1.4 Petrol).

Car seems to drive beautifully according to my more experienced Dad. However only 2 things seem to be wrong with it, the first is we are getting 3 bleeps from the car which we have no idea what they are, every time I try to do some google research to work it out, people seem to have some kind of light or information on their MFD to go with it, however these bleeps are on their own, with no displayed STOP light or any other oil/ABS etc light to indicate any specific problem so I am pretty much lost as to what it can be.

It seems to beep after using it after a short period 5-10 minutes and some journey's it may not do it at all and others it will do it various times.

The other issue is a leak which is leaking into the spare wheel area, we've identified it's coming from somewhere behind the bumper, looks like the part where the bumper clips on so may be not be on properly or may need re-sealing but just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience on removing the rear bumper or any tips that may help while doing it!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Bradley

Last edited by Berch; 14-05-16 at 05:16 PM.
Berch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-05-16, 05:32 PM   #2

Check your coolant level. Some cars need the level slightly higher that marked on tank to stop the 3 beeps when cold.

When you accelerate away the surge in the tank triggers low coolant alarm which is three bleeps (you may see a tiny flash on low coolant warning light)
Old 14-05-16, 05:39 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I did see that on a couple threads and saw that my coolant was actually already just above the max level so ruled that out at the time.

Here is an image of my coolant level I just took:

i.imgur.com/xvLjK3p.jpg

Is that about right for the level?

EDIT: Another thing to note is that it does seem to do it when pulling away or breaking a little sharp which would support the theory of the coolant, swishing about causing the sensor to trip but as I say it is slightly above max now and my Dad seems to insist it's not that, but it's what I keep finding online to change or top up/add more. Any recommendations to a decent bit of coolant or does it not matter that much which you use?

Thanks again,
Bradley

Last edited by Berch; 14-05-16 at 06:35 PM.

Old 14-05-16, 05:54 PM   #4

Match the colour that's in there now. If unsure then flush the coolant and replace. 5 year pink stuff from Euro car parts is fine.
Eccles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-16, 04:57 PM   #5
Inactive User

Managed to fix the leak, turns out it was a small air vent behind the bumper that wasn't clipped in properly, god only knows how it managed to get like that though.

Still no luck with finding out what the beeps are yet though.
Old 17-05-16, 06:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berch View Post
Managed to fix the leak, turns out it was a small air vent behind the bumper that wasn't clipped in properly, god only knows how it managed to get like that though.

Still no luck with finding out what the beeps are yet though.
you could get it on planet to check for codes see here https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...members-83170/
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in