2006 307cc fog light issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By IanML

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-11-17, 04:31 PM   #1

Default 2006 307cc fog light issue

I have just bought the above, and after a couple of uses the fog lights have stopped working, nothing happens on the twist of the stalk, no light comes on on the display, nothing. (They worked fine on buying!) any ideas please?

Also, the OBC when trying to get into vehicle parameters doesn't work, it is all pixalated out, which means I cannot turn on parking sensors, or activate deactivate auto locking etc, again, any ideas please?
Emma79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-11-17, 04:44 PM   #2

Would not expect you to need the foglights very often so not worth worrying about most people just use them to blind other drivers.

The display needs replaced if its not displaying properly and as long as its not the large sat nav type is easy to swap
Old 27-11-17, 04:48 PM   #3

Thanks, but as I live in France it is a legal requirement for the fogs to work!
Also, the computer, it works fine for the trip computer and stereo, I cannot get into vehicle parameters, it wont let me.

Old 27-11-17, 06:32 PM   #4

Have you checked the fuses for the fog lights?
madbadandold is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-11-17, 03:16 PM   #5

Yes, we changed F6 for another 15a and still nothing, so we are either trying the wrong fuse, or that is not the issue.
Old 28-11-17, 03:42 PM   #6

The Haynes manual shows that fuse MF4 and MF7 are in the circuit and although are higher ratings, 30A and 60A fuses it would be wise to check them before venturing any further into the circuitry. But with the other defect you have it might be BSI related I would have thought. I am assuming that you have checked the light units them selves i.e. the bulbs/filaments.
Old 29-11-17, 06:37 AM   #7

Haven't thought about checking the bulbs in all honesty, as all the fogs, both the 2 front and the rear worked perfectly well, on the stalk turn, (although it was intermittant, sometimes the stalk worked, other times not) I was showing my OH how to turn the fogs on, one twist front, two twists rear, twist back off, lights on the display showed they were on, then he did it, and nothing, no fog lights and nothing on the display.....could it be a possible stalk fault, although headlights and indicators work fine.

What is the BSI please? When it comes to car electrics, I am a little confused!
Old 29-11-17, 08:01 AM   #8

The first thing to try is a BSI reboot. The BSI is the main electronic brain of the car, though it is not the only one! As you have more than one fault, it may be that it's memory has become a bit scrambled, in which case the reboot may solve the issues. Some people have reported needing to do it three times before success, so don't give up after one try.

If you have no luck with that, the stalk unit is a possible cause - some can be repaired. See this listing.
madbadandold and madbadandold like this.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-11-17, 08:59 AM   #9

As IANML said that is more than likely the cause, hopefully the BSI reboot will do it. If you had said that both front and rear were not working in your first post then we would have suggested that sooner. It is best to try and give as much information as you can when reporting faults even though it may seem obvious to you what is wrong sometimes it can be more complicated. Best of luck and keep us informed so that we can increase our knowledge data base to keep helping the forum members.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in