2006 307 No electrical power when ignition off - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-09-17, 03:40 PM   #1

Default 2006 307 No electrical power when ignition off

6 months on and I have failed my daughter.
When she turns the ignition off, all electrical power is lost after a few seconds. The doors automatically lock and when she starts the car again the on board computer is reset, as if the battery has been disconnected.
I've checked all the fuses and the earth from battery to chassis.
I've bought a Haynes Manual, but cannot find the fault.
Can anyone please make my daughter proud of her dad again?
Gary Wilts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-09-17, 06:03 PM   #2

Check the age/condition of the battery.

Failing batteries cause all manor of faults such as clock resetting when starting and eco mode kicking in almost immediately when switched off
Old 29-09-17, 09:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
Check the age/condition of the battery.

Failing batteries cause all manor of faults such as clock resetting when starting and eco mode kicking in almost immediately when switched off
Thank you windy1603
Will check again with a multimeter tomorrow.
Everyday for over six months, the electrical power ceases when the ignition is turned off.

Old 30-09-17, 12:09 AM   #4

Multimeter will not test if the battery is good, will only tell you what voltage is in it. It needs to undergo a proper load test.

Have you checked in and under the fuse box in the engine bay for water, corrosion, dirty fuses, bad connections etc? Check for the same on the BSI. And don't just look at connections and fuses, pull them apart and clean, corrosion need not be obvious. Just removing and rejoining a connector/fuse can make good a dodgy connection. A squirt of water displacing lubricant also helps.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-17, 07:30 AM   #5

Thanks WillNZ
I removed, checked and cleaned every fuse in the engine bay and the BSI.
All areas clean and dry.

I connected a jump lead to the battery negative and attached the other end to the car body. Same issue.

I will grab a digital voltmeter and load test battery tomorrow.

Issue remains the total loss of live feed when ignition is turned off. A few seconds after the doors cannot be opened and there is no electrical power in the car. Everything comes alive again when the ignition key is inserted and turned part way. at this point the Multi Function Display unit resets.

Thanks for the advise.
Old 01-10-17, 08:09 AM   #6

It sounds like the BSI is losing power when the ignition is switched off. This could be because of undervoltage on the power rail to its processor.

That begs the question why it comes alive again when switched on again. However, one simple test can be performed to possibly help in the diagnosis. Monitor the voltage to earth on Pin 1 of BSI connector 2V GR(the small grey connector on the BSI). Take readings when all is well, and again straight after switching off.

That is a convenient point to monitor the power supply to the BSI processor. If the readings show no differences, the problem is almost certainly in the BSI circuitry, which would suggest it needs repair. If you see lower volts in the fault condition, you will have to suspect the plugs/sockets/wiring,etc from the engine compartment fusebox to the BSI. The first place to address that would be at MF4, one of the so-called superfuses on the underside of the engine compartment fuse unit. Measure on both sides of the fuse if possible.

If you see no changes (i.e. a healthy voltage in all cases) try measuring at MF5, which also supplies power to the BSI.

Let us know what you find.

Last edited by IanML; 01-10-17 at 08:14 AM.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-17, 01:49 PM   #7

Has the car always done this in her ownership? Or did it just start one day?

It is possible the shunt [PARC] fuse [has SH on the upper face] is in the wrong position and causing the issue. Maybe someone removed it to check it and replaced it in the wrong position?
storeman likes this.
Old 01-10-17, 04:22 PM   #8

Default Success after 6 months

Thanks to my New Best Friend WillNZ, the family have been dancing in the rain in England.

Fuse 16, the SH PARC shunt, on the Fascia panel in the glove box, had been moved one slot to the left. The previous owner just said he must have done it.

I cannot tell you how happy my daughter is. What a wonderful Forum.

Thank you.
Old 01-10-17, 06:09 PM   #9

Old 01-10-17, 08:51 PM   #10

Thanks for the update. Too many people get a response that resolves their issue and don't post back with the result leaving everyone in the dark as to whether it worked or not. If more than one suggestion was made then even if we assume it was resolved and that's the last we'll see of them till the next problem we won't know which suggestion was the right one.
rustyroger and terry57 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in