2004 2.0 307cc multiple electrical faults - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-08-17, 11:06 PM   #1

Default 2004 2.0 307cc multiple electrical faults

I have just bought a 307cc 2004 2.0 non runner. The symptoms are, when the battery is connected, ignition key is off, the headlights flash on and off every 20 seconds, the central locking does not work, dash lights up every third of fourth flash of the lights, clicking from bsm, when you turn ignition key on headlights come on dipped beam all the time regardless of switch position, needles rise, dash lights up ok, radio comes on but goes into economy mode, electric windows don't work, except once in a blue moon the drivers window goes down an inch regardless if you put the switch up or down, roof does not work, wipes don't work, engine cranks but does not start, indicators don't work but hazards do.
when you switch ignition off headlights go back to flashing. sometimes window switches work in time with the flashing, and various dash lights flicker in time with the flashing.

The previous owner replaced ecu, bsi and key as a set from a working car but symptoms remain. bsi reset did not help.

I have ordered pp2000 which should be here by the weekend. I have carprog, galetto and mpps.

I am guessing maybe no communication between com2000 and bsi, or bsm problem or bad earth somewhere, fuses have been visually inspected but I'll stick my meter over them once I remember to bring it home from work.

where should I start, any good faultfinding guides/flowcharts? where should I be checking voltages, any wiring diagrams online?

Should I get a checkup from the neckup for buying one of these with electrical issues when there was one available for slightly more money with only a broken timing belt?
petrolhead69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-08-17, 07:38 AM   #2

PP2000 is the place to start.

For wiring information, you need the SEDRE, which, together with the service box documentation, is a complete set of Peugeot databases for all Peugeots. You can buy it on EBay, and encounter cracks, glitches, etc, or get it pre-installed here. Well worth the tenner. Do not click the blue boxes, just scroll down to the listings. It matters not which car you click, you get the complete databases for all models.

Last edited by IanML; 16-08-17 at 07:40 AM.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-08-17, 08:01 AM   #3

Am i missing a trick? They all seem different prices from 15-20.

Old 16-08-17, 08:13 AM   #4

Never mind, downloading now.
Old 16-08-17, 12:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead69 View Post
Am i missing a trick? They all seem different prices from 15-20.
That's why I said "Do not click the blue boxes, just scroll down to the listings." Those are for 9.99.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-08-17, 12:55 PM   #6

Aye, sussed that one out, for some reason safari was only rendering the top half of the page, bottom was blank, so i could only see the blue buttons. Opened it on a windows laptop and all was well. Ta.
Hopefully the rain stops soon, as every time i open a door the drivers window drops an inch and doesn't go back up so its sitting with a black bag taped to it. What have i let myself in for?
Old 16-08-17, 01:32 PM   #7

My mate owns a scrappy, he doesn't have any 307ccs in at the moment but plenty of normal 307s. Just for diagnosis purposes could i try a com2000 out a lesser spec car to see if it at least starts, then I can try to source the correct part or get a repair organised? Any other parts i should borrow from him for testing purposes?
Old 16-08-17, 04:11 PM   #8

Window dropping when door opens is correct they all do that but by the sound of it the car has something wrong with wiring and the previous owner done the classic blame the ecu but all they have done is made it worse.

Forget changing anything check ALL the earths it sounds like wiring issue simple as that
Old 16-08-17, 06:54 PM   #9

As reliable says, wiring issue is your most likely cause.

The SEDRE diagrams will show you where all the ground points are in the vehicle, remove each one, clean contact surfaces and replace with a smear of copper grease. Don't just look at them and think they are good. Pay particular attention to the main ground cables from battery-body-engine.

Also, check carefully the engine bay fuse box. Look for corrosion in fuses and check inside all plugs for the same. Check the BSI also for corrosion/bad contacts.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-08-17, 08:28 PM   #10

still downloading. is emanuals usually this slow? 4 hours to go, and I have to keep moving the mouse to stop the laptop sleeping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in