2003 - 307 HDI - Cruise Control issues (another thread) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By giannosnik

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-16, 01:38 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 2003 - 307 HDI - Cruise Control issues (another thread)

Hey guys,

my first post, so go easy if I do anything wrong / bad at using the right words

I bought a 2003 307 HDI about 6 months ago, and the guy said the cruise control hadn't been working. He had got something fixed at the auto elec unrelated and said that the cruise control had all of a sudden started working again.

Anyway it worked for the first few times I drove the car, then hasn't worked since.

I have been doing some reading, and found that this may be as a result of the brake switch/ cruise control switch not working correctly.

So I got under the passenger side and examined where the 2 switches are meant to be, and there is only 1. It looks like instead of having 2 wires out of the brake switch, there are actually 3. See photo.

I took the switch out, took it apart, cleaned it, sanded down one of the contacts that was a little burnt and replaced. Checked the brake lights and they are functioning

The stalk is the next thing I was thinking may be faulty, just wonder if they ever brake? I ordered a new one from ebay, but after reading on here, see that I ordered the wrong one. I need the one that has the on/off switch, not the limiter.

On top of this, under the steering column there looks to be something that was removed, just wondering if anyone knows what this could have been, and if this is a potential issue?

I did also wonder what this fuse was for, if anyone can give me a heads up on that too?

I'm thinking about buying one of the PP2000's, it looks like potentially that might be needed to diagnose the fault. What are people's thoughts on that, do I need one, or can I fix/reset without it.

Because this is my first post it won't let me add the images. eek

aussiebloke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-16, 09:12 AM   #2

PP will tell you what the fault is - but won't highlight specifically where the fault lies (for example, fuse location), it'll only point you in the general direction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-16, 09:13 PM   #3

Your problem is you are missing the cruise control switch that fits in the hole next to the brake light switch. From the photo's it looks like the 'Auto Electrician' wasn't a particularly good one and has done a botch job. There aren't three wires coming from the brake light switch but two plus a spliced in cable that isn't part of the original loom. The red coloured plug is likely to be the correct connector for the cruise switch.

As for the plug & fuse, I couldn't say what it's fopr but it's possible a previous owner had some kind of addon fitted - possibly a phone kit or something similar which required this wiring.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-16, 12:41 AM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Your problem is you are missing the cruise control switch that fits in the hole next to the brake light switch. From the photo's it looks like the 'Auto Electrician' wasn't a particularly good one and has done a botch job. There aren't three wires coming from the brake light switch but two plus a spliced in cable that isn't part of the original loom. The red coloured plug is likely to be the correct connector for the cruise switch.

As for the plug & fuse, I couldn't say what it's fopr but it's possible a previous owner had some kind of addon fitted - possibly a phone kit or something similar which required this wiring.
Thanks for replying.

So the red coloured cable would likely be the botch job to simulate the cruise sensor? Would that be a fair assumption. Or would their be another why he has spliced that in there? Would PP2000 give an understanding if the CC sensor is not present?

The cruise control sensor that I should get, I assume they are open when present, and closed when unpressed.

If the video I watched was correct, the cc sensor should trigger just slightly before the brakes.

Hopefully my questions make sense.
Old 02-05-16, 06:59 AM   #5
Ginger Magic

You need this - Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110 Red Housing Genuine Intermotor Cruise Control Switch | eBay - to put in the hole next to the white switch, ( you will also need a plastic washer, I cant find one at the moment ) then plug in the red connector that is just hanging....

Not sure about the other orange wire, what could he wire in that only comes on with the brake lights..???

The two brake pedal connectors can be adjusted in and out to determine which activates first..
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-16, 04:46 PM   #6

PP2000 would indicate whether it 'see's' one or two switches changing state. Not sure which way round they are as it's a long time since I metered the switches but one switch is normally open and the other is normally closed so they work opposite to each other. I first thought the spliced cable was a botch to fool the car that a cruise switch was fitted but it looks like the wire goes off somewhere behinfd the heater unit so could be something totally unrelated. I'd be suspicious that the previous owner was not being 100% honest when he said cruise started working after the 'auto electrician' did the unrelated work.

storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-16, 09:13 AM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
PP2000 would indicate whether it 'see's' one or two switches changing state. Not sure which way round they are as it's a long time since I metered the switches but one switch is normally open and the other is normally closed so they work opposite to each other. I first thought the spliced cable was a botch to fool the car that a cruise switch was fitted but it looks like the wire goes off somewhere behinfd the heater unit so could be something totally unrelated. I'd be suspicious that the previous owner was not being 100% honest when he said cruise started working after the 'auto electrician' did the unrelated work.
I actually had it working for me for a small amount of time, so I wonder if the auto elec cleared an error, and it worked for a little while without the sensor there, and then raised the error again?

Would have be a plausible theory?
Old 12-04-18, 07:06 PM   #8

hello boss can anybody help me i want the wiring conection peugeot 307 14hdi for install cruse control my brake switch is two wire

Last edited by giannosnik; 12-04-18 at 07:31 PM.
giannosnik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-18, 08:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by giannosnik View Post
hello boss can anybody help me i want the wiring conection peugeot 307 14hdi for install cruse control my brake switch is two wire

check this thread below for a basic guide although the connection to the ecu may be different as yours is a 1.4 and in that thread i think it was a 2.0 90...but should give you the gist of what to do

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...switch-263914/
Old 13-04-18, 07:12 PM   #10

Hello boss i have peugeot 307 1.4hdi on 2001 or 2002 bosch ecu Edc16c3 i cant ajust in the engine the cruse on control it say without a cruse control abs by cable in bsi i do it
terry57 likes this.

Last edited by giannosnik; 20-04-18 at 06:27 PM. Reason: News
giannosnik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in