2002 307 Engine Mounts and Bushes Question - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-16, 06:46 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 2002 307 Engine Mounts and Bushes Question

Hey all!!

I have a 2002 Peugeot 307 2.0L Auto, that has developed a few problems, but the one I am in urgent need of fixing is the engine mounts (the vibrations in the cabin are getting pretty crazy!)

I called the Peugeot official spare parts distributor in my area (Canberra, Australia) and gave them my VIN, they have given me the following part numbers for the mounts:

307 Left Hand Mount (with bush): 184468
307 Right Hand Mount (with bush): 1839H6
307 Rear Engine Mount (without bush): 180668
307 Rear Engine Mount Bush: 180933

My questions are as follows:

Firstly, Can I confirm there are 3 mounts on the Peugeot (LH, RH and a rear)?

Can I just replace the bush in both the LH and RH Engine Mount without replacing the whole mount?

(Im assuming that it is only the bush that has deteriorated)

...if so, how can I identify what bush would fit into these particular mounts?

I am confident in my abilities to do all the work myself (currently restoring a 78 Trans Am and a 76 FJ40 Land Cruiser) but I am finding it really difficult to source the right parts for this and the official Peugeot spare parts dealer's price for OEM prices seem pretty extreme

LH Mount - $117.80
RH Mount - $287.05
Rear Mount - $186.85

Total : $591.70 (Australian Dollar)

Any help would be great!!
Mtsvn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-05-16, 07:15 AM   #2

Right hand engine mount very rarely fails (and is the most expensive at around 5-60 in the UK)

The left (gearbox) mount and rear are the most common to wear/fail.

Febi where the OEM supplier of the mounts, the left mount can be obtained from motor factors in UK for between 10-20.

The rear mount is a bush mounted in a large casting which also supports the drivers side drive shaft centre bearing the bush can be replaced but needs to be pressed, drifted out or removed/replaced with a bush tool (which is difficult to do in place) again these bushes can be obtained in UK for around 15

It may be worth looking at eurocarparts website if you cannot source for a good price as they do ship worldwide i believe
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in