2.0 HDi engine running after turned off? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-11-11, 08:20 AM   #1

Default 2.0 HDi engine running after turned off?

have a 307 that i put on the computer, due to engine running on after the car has been turned of for around 4-5secs it will only happen now and again but will bring the engine and esp/asr light when you restart it again, came up fuel pressure regulator so got that changed that sorted it out for a 2days and now its back with the same prob, i checked the wires and they look fine took me a while to do it but i did onces the fuel pressure regulator was changed the owner told me the car was much better driving it, are there any things i should be looking at to cure the engine running on?

thanks
CMax_307 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-11-11, 09:01 AM   #2
Stubbo

I'm not sure if the HDI's have one..

But on my 306 it was a dodgy stop solenoid, it started running on for a few seconds like yours then gradually got worse until it wouldnt stop at all!

Had to stall it to stop it in the end, was handy in winter though, could leave it warming up without leaving the keys in it!

Again im not sure if these newer cars still use a stop solenoid or if its all ecu controlled now!

edit: did a bit of googling and it looks like they dont! few people mentioning rail pressure sensor as well
AMBROSIA likes this.

Last edited by Stubbo; 16-11-11 at 09:05 AM.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 16-11-11, 09:32 AM   #3

ive changed that sensor the first time i had the car forgot to say above do'h!

would it be a sticky relay for the tank pump? any idea if theres one on this

Old 16-11-11, 11:17 AM   #4
Inactive User

On the older pugs (mum used to have one that did it) if you started the car and moved it a few feet then turned it off it would overrun, sometimes for upto a minute.
I was told it was something to do with the turbo pressure and it runs on to release turbo pressure / cool down. I remember it sounded like a bag of nails when it done this.
Could be another option!
danthevan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 16-11-11, 11:23 AM   #5

dont think that would be it as the turbo on this is worked by the ecu and boost valve
Old 16-11-11, 03:42 PM   #6
Inactive User

there are redundant shutdown paths, so I'd wonder about a backfeed through the ign switch?
Power off should inhibit injection and close down the throttle valve at the least; but the ECU kinda controls itself as supplies the coil feed to the main power relay...

I'd be looking for dodgy grounds (esp. brakelight) or a cheapo redio install.

This is Siemens tho, not Bosch, yes? My experience is with the old RHZ which was Bosch...
dpmiller is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 16-11-11, 03:45 PM   #7

oem cd player and i think ive cracked it the tunning box has been removed and now its stopped, but i did notice a breaking fault on the computer tho

and its bosch system
Old 16-11-11, 07:29 PM   #8
Inactive User

one of the PSI boxes with wires to the battery perchance?
Old 16-11-11, 09:29 PM   #9

nope not that one some other make speedhawk i think. so far its been running fine time will tell, i know them PSI ones are ment to be good have you used them yourself?
Old 18-11-11, 02:01 PM   #10
Inactive User

no, I had a (superb) Speedbuster digital box (and programming cable) on the RHZ in the Suzuki. Replaced it with an Upsolute tune which was crap, before having Aligator in Poland do something a bit more bespoke.

The old 306 I just did a resistor mod on- but that's all that many of the cheaper tuning boxes have inside anyway...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in