136bhp RHR Turbo Issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-16, 02:06 PM   #1

Default 136bhp RHR Turbo Issue

Driving the car last night around 1.5k the car was dead till about 2k and away she went turbo again so I said i'll check it tomorrow (today) I nipped out and it was still doing it and now its
came on with the engine light and no turbo, I put the car on the computer and its coming up p2562 Turbo Position repeat signal valve position too distant in relation to the reference value

I checked the live data and noticed that

turbo valve was 88%
turbo reference was 0%
turbo repeat sensor was 88%

I cleared the code and the car still had a dead spot around 1.6 to 2k

after I cleared the codes the live data was

turbo valve was 88%
turbo reference was 88%
turbo repeat sensor was 88%

would this be a repeat sensor?

thanks
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-05-16, 10:28 AM   #2

i had the same problem, and i changed he repeat sensor which was a pain due to access, if i remember right, i got access through the nearside wheel well after removing the cover, and laying a yoga mat(!) on top of the engine bay and laying on the engine to reach down to the top most screw...i used a philips head attached to a ratchet ring spanner, and an index finger tip holding the head of the philips bit in place if that makes any sense?...those three silly little screws took ages.
torx screws would've been easier as they would've been less likely for the bit to fall out the head of the screw.

In my cars case though, the repeat sensor was getting crappy readings due to the vnt vanes being stuck in one position, so freeing the vanes up with a handheld vacuum pump attached the the pipe that goes into the solenoid at the top back left of the engine got the turbo boosting properly again.

Hope that helps.
CMax_307 likes this.

Last edited by MightyMision; 21-05-16 at 10:30 AM.
MightyMision is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-05-16, 06:35 PM   #3

Seems to be the week for RHR turbo issues. The turbo reference value of 0 indicates the ECU has "switched off" the turbo ie doesn't actuate the actuator (wastegate?) at all.

Check turbo repeat with key on engine off, should be about 10% or so. Mine shows complete junk values of 20-30 when reference is 80 or so - but I'm going to get the garage to check for a vacuum leak first as this has been an intermittent problem gradually getting worse.

Hence at the moment I'm driving around with no turbo - surprising what a difference it makes although these diesels still have some grunt if you work them hard!

MightyMission - I'd read the sensor needs a calibrating procedure, did you do this and was it hard?!
CMax_307 likes this.

Last edited by lorddevereux; 21-05-16 at 06:40 PM.
lorddevereux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-05-16, 07:10 PM   #4

mine didn't seem to need calibration, though it wasn't the sensor at fault apparently as once it was changed, it still didn't boost! of course the sensor only reads how much pressure is made/requested, my issue was the vanes inside the turbo were stuck, so no boost would be made...once the vanes were unstuck, the two pressure related faults disappeared.
Old 21-05-16, 07:15 PM   #5

Hmm hadn't thought of that. I'll add that to the list of things for the garage to check. I'm knowledge rich (ish lol) but tool and money poor!
Old 21-05-16, 07:29 PM   #6

i know the feeling! several garages misdiagnosed the issue, one just asked me to rev the car as they held onto the boost pipe, when it didnt swell with pressurised air they said : new turbo 700 plus labour, call it 850..obviously this was once while sucking in air through his teeth and many cups of tea...

I'd recommend getting a handheld vacuum pump off ebay or amazon. they're about 15 i think. At least then each solenoid and hose can be checked for leaks, which will hopefully narrow it right down to something simple and easy to fix
Old 22-05-16, 09:12 PM   #7

thanks for the advice guys, I was talking to a guy about my car on Friday night and he told me it could be the boost valve on the back of the engine as
he had the same fault and swapped it for a new one and it was fixed, I tried this and its still the same so fingers crossed the new sensor comes tomorrow I was told it could take around 45mins to 1hr to fit this, I was going to go in from the side of the engine with the battery out and tray out and see if this give me more room, I will try and get a video of the job and a few snap shots.

what brand of repeat sensor did you get I got one that comes with 2 years warranty and OE spec for 35 I thought this was a good deal?
Old 22-05-16, 09:18 PM   #8

I'd be very interested in seeing those pictures/video when you're done. If it doesn't turn out to be a vacuum leak on mine then that's my next move!
lorddevereux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-05-16, 05:35 PM   #9

Well got the new sensor today was working fine till I got up to 50mph and the light came back on and coming up turbo voltage too high I tryed to start the car it would not start I have a crap load of codes, am going to take out the new sensor and put the other one in and see if it starts
Old 25-05-16, 07:13 PM   #10

Get the codes and let us have a look at them
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in