136bhp cutting out - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lorddevereux

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-16, 10:40 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 136bhp cutting out

I've done a fair amount of miles in my HD XSi 136 but have had a couple of occasions where the car has cut out. There are no warning lights or messages on the centre console. The revs die and the car coasts to a stop.

It appears to be random. As the first time, I was driving at about 20mph pulling away from a right junction, and the next at 70mph on a dual carriage way with cruise control engaged.

The car is now back at the dealer for repair, but with it being intermittent, I don't they will experience it. I'm still waiting to set up my PP2000, so I can't check if there are any fault codes present. The only thing I can think of is the DPF fluid warning which although the dealer filled up the tank, the error still appears.

Any thoughts?
PugAndy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-05-16, 10:54 AM   #2

First thought is the crankshaft position sensor as ECU will kill engine if that goes wonky. Either that or a fuel problem I would think. PP check necessary I think in this case!

I doubt a DPF problem would give these symptoms
PugAndy likes this.
lorddevereux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-16, 11:00 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorddevereux View Post
First thought is the crankshaft position sensor as ECU will kill engine if that goes wonky. Either that or a fuel problem I would think. PP check necessary I think in this case!

I doubt a DPF problem would give these symptoms
Thanks, hopefully when the dealer plugs into it, it will give a fault code or something. Cheers for the info!
PugAndy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in