1.6 hdi diagnostics - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-11, 12:44 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 1.6 hdi diagnostics

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have a 2004 307 1.6 diesel hdi 110hp. I have the Antipollution fault active (amongst other things) and believe this is due to the diesel particulate filter.

Could someone tell me where to find the diagnostics socket INSIDE the car? Or if it is not inside the car, where in the engine compartment?

Also I am considering buying a diagnostic code reader on ebay (about 28). Can anyone recommend the best one for this vehicle?

One last thing for the moment, where exactly is the EGR valve located?

Thank you for any help you can give.

James
motorrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-11, 01:03 PM   #2

Socket is behind a panel to the right of the ignition key.

The only diagnostic kit to get is PEUGEOT PLANET, but it's about 70 from China or 120 on Ebay.

Put your location in your profile so a local planet owner can assist for about a tenner.
Old 05-12-11, 02:16 PM   #3
Inactive User

The EGR is on the back of the cylinder block, passenger side of the car. It's held on by two bolts and a clamp. There's a bit of stuff to move out of the way first before you can get to it or even see it.

Unless it has been removed since manufacture, it is likely that the clamp will be a crimp type and therefore single-use. So if you're considering taking the EGR off to clean or inspect it then go and get a new clamp first. The clamps sold by main dealers are screw type and so are reusable providing you don't go mad bending and rebending the "hinge" side.
dilbert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-11, 06:12 PM   #4
Inactive User

Hello Gibbo and Dilbert,

Thanks for the information. I can see the EGR valve is in a suitably inaccessible place just like the Air Cleaner!!

Regarding the Peugeot Planet, I assume this is a software package for a PC and an adapter cable. Am I correct? Please expand your explanation a bit - what is the problem with using a hand held reader and then looking up the codes on google? By the way I live in East Sussex, near Battle.

Thank you again.
Old 05-12-11, 06:50 PM   #5
jmkent

Generic code readers may tend to throw up different explanation for the same code. They will also only do just that, give you the codes. Peugeot Planet is the same software they use in the dealerships... it can read faults, but also configure everything there is on the car (electronically obviously). This could be as simple as enabling a function the the MFD, or fitting new injectors, etc.

Lexia-3 Diagnostic Scanner Tool For Citroen and Peugeot - Automotive - Professional Diagnostic - Door2Door Shop is where I bought mine from, and its probably the best price on the internet
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-11, 11:12 AM   #6
Inactive User

Thank you jmkent. I have looked at the unit you recommend at 82.48 and that looks a good price. I may eventually get one. I understand the advantages of PLANET now but I have ordered a little cheap (18) unit from ebay which I will have a play with first. The thing is, I would not hesitate to get PLANET if I intended to keep Peugeot/Citroen vehicles for the rest of my life. But that is very far from the case!!
Old 06-12-11, 04:27 PM   #7

Also, just a heads up, peugeot planet will only run on a laptop running XP unless you set up a virtual machine.
Old 09-12-11, 10:08 AM   #8
Inactive User

I have used my 18 code reader and read codes P0238 and P1351. The last seems to relate to the glow plugs. Probably one or more is open circuit. Does anyone know where on earth they are? I've looked all round near the injectors, no heavy cables, nothing!! Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in