Swapping KDX engine with bigger one in ph.1 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-11-16, 12:52 PM   #1

Default Swapping KDX engine with bigger one in ph.1

Hi all,

I have 1996 ph.1 XR model with KDX engine (1.4L 75 bhp). The chassis is very preserved but the engine is somewhat sketchy. I'm planing in the distant future to put a bigger engine. I want to know which of the bigger ones is most reliable and requires the least hassle. I'm assuming the transmission has to be replaced as well? What about the drivetrain? In terms of engine GTi-6 would be sweet but it's rare and probably expensive. So I'm thinking either XSi or S16.

Thanks in advance!
Xzahn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-11-16, 01:19 PM   #2
Inactive User

Engine, driveshafts, gearbox, brakes, ecus, possibly suspension uprating. Probably be cheaper to buy a XSi or S16. But fun to do if u have the

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
COW407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-11-16, 03:50 PM   #3

I guess you could buy a donor car that's been written off but with the required engine, gearbox etc in good condition and use it as a donor car. When you've done with it you could put in the stuff removed from your car and sell it back to the scrappy. Might work out cheaper that way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-11-16, 04:15 PM   #4

In all honesty the best bang for your buck is the 406 coupe V6 engine and box it fits and makes 200 hp BUT it does upset the balance of the car as too much of it hangs over the front.

Gti6 best avoided as its a highly strung engine and likes to kill itself at regular intervals we have a total of 6 broken ones great when its on song but that song tends to be a very short one
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in