problem with heater - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bettyswollocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-09, 06:34 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default problem with heater

also with the same car the heater doesnt get really hot found out of previous owner some one put a egg in it to cure a small leak but its been flushed 2 or 3 times since to try bring the temp up to no avail any tips lads cheers it blows well just doesnt get really hot
chainman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-10-09, 06:33 PM   #2

It could be that the themostat needs replacing
highmileage306 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-09, 07:20 PM   #3
Inactive User

its had a new thermostat is there any electrical switchs under the bonnet that might of gone as it gets slightly warm but no were near warm blowers work fine any one else come across the problem
chainman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-09, 03:11 PM   #4
chopper1192

It may have had a new thermostat, but don't assume that it has been fitted properly or that the new unit isn't kaput. Assumption is the mother of all f***ups in this game.

So, 5 options that need to be systematically eliminated:

1) The matrix. it's already suspect if some idiot has been sticking eggs in the coolant. also, if someone has been fannying with the matrix check that the pipes to it aren't trapped or kinked.

2) Thermostat.

3) The heater cock. Check the cable is properly connevted and moves the lever properly.

4) The egg adding antics may have fouled something up - whatever the cause is you want to do a reverse flush of the entire cooling system using reasonable water pressure, then go round the offenders house and pistol whip him severely.

5) Check the system is bled properly. The 306 and it's ZX cousin are notorious for being difficult to bleed. There are, however, two tricks that make it easy peasy, but your average home spanner monkey (especially if he's the sort of twot that puts egg in the coolant) won't know them.

Not much else to go wrong on one of those. Any leaking pipework etc will be very quickly apparent.

It's gimps like our egg toting twonk friend who will get us banned from maintaining our own cars, and when the law changes to make it compulsory for a registered garage to do all maintenance then we'll know who to blame.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-10, 12:14 AM   #5
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to jorjperov
Default Hello! My name is Viktor...

Hello! I just signed up and immediately decided to introduce myself, if I'm wrong section, ask the moderators to move the topic to the right place, hopefully it will take me well... My name is Viktor, me 29 years, humourist and serious man in one person. I apologize f
jorjperov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-10, 12:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjperov
Hello! I just signed up and immediately decided to introduce myself, if I'm wrong section, ask the moderators to move the topic to the right place, hopefully it will take me well... My name is Viktor, me 29 years, humourist and serious man in one person. I apologize f
Victor you`ll be looking for the lonely sad and ugly section but before going there finish your bottle of vodka , tell your girlfriend that you`ll be back in a minute , oh thats right you can`t she dumped you and slept with your best mate because you have a small willy then sink some pills and go upstairs , when you get there open the window and jump because i think you`re super man.
Gibbo likes this.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-11, 09:19 PM   #7
Inactive User

could you tell me the right method to bleed a 306
trebor3069 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in