Peugeot Newbie needs advice! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-12-14, 07:31 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot Newbie needs advice!

To cut a long story short i've just bought a 306 HDi and it has a few issues i need advice on,

Brakes - spongey pedal, I would normally assume air in the system, are there any known brake issues i should be looking for?

Clutch - feels positive but pedal is notchy/stiff, I intend to replace the clutch cable, hope this sorts it?

Suspension - i think its been dropped, maybe 20-30mm, not to my taste so i intend to restore to stock, what will be needed and how hard will the job be? i'll be replacing worn bushes etc at the same time, once again are there any known issues i should be looking out for?

Airbag warning light - its on, constantly, i believe the common problem is the seat connectors, i intend to cut these off and solder the connections, any other possible locations known problems/solutions?
johnny1983 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-12-14, 08:02 PM   #2
Ginger Magic

Hi, welcome.

Please add your location to your details on the left so a member local to you can lend a hand with Planet, to find which airbag is the faulty one - although the Passenger seatbelt pre-tensioner is the normal one....

Our old 306 had a really heavy clutch but to be perfectly honest it soon felt normal and I found that everyone else's clutch was too light...

The suspension drops naturally over time - especially with the diesel lump up front, and it does seem the later Hdis are a bit lower than the older models. If its only a 20mm drop then the shocks should be standard size and maybe fit new oem springs while you are doing the bushes.

Brakes? No idea really....
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in