Peugeot 306 2.0 hdi p1517 anti start function function faulty - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-16, 11:19 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 306 2.0 hdi p1517 anti start function function faulty

Hi guys I have an issue with my car coming up with this message car will not start. It will try with a sniff of easy start. I have checked the engine relay back of the ecu the wire was corroded. I soldered another relay connector on it from a donor car. wires check out ok with multimeter. I tried to read with peugeot planet and when I do a global test . It test the centre locking and the airbags. But it will not talk to the ecu for some unknown reason. Ecu did not reply. Do I suspect I have a wiring fault. Or do I suspect the immobiliser is blocking peugeot planet from talking to the ecu. Forgot to add the fuel pump comes in. .this is been on going for month's. The engine code rhy on a 1999
I be great full for any info in where to start looking. Best regards jay.
Forgot to add. The way I got this code was from a cheap delphi unit which is limited. My peugeot planet works fine with other peugeot. What I cannot understand is how can my delphi scanner pick the code up but my diagbox/pp2000 version 7.58 won't strange. also I borrowed my friends snap on scanner and that gives the same code as the delphi

Last edited by diesalweasel; 18-08-16 at 11:54 PM.
diesalweasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-08-16, 05:09 AM   #2

I've never had a 306 so don't know if it works the same as the later models but it sounds like it isn't recognising the key. The usual check is to try and start then turn the ignition off but do not remove the key. Open the drivers door and if the key is being recognised you should hear chiming. If it doesn't chime then the key isn't being recognised.

Have you replaced the key case recently ? If you have then did you move the immobiliser chip over to the new case ?

If you did move the chip or haven't replaced the key case then it may need the key reprogramming using PP200.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-08-16, 05:17 AM   #3

Good thinking batman regarding the chime come to think of it. I don't think I've ever heard it. I brought the car as a non runner. As I like my 306 and it was cheap. Regarding the rest planet wont talk to it only central locking and airbags. . It not had it key done. This is the story I got told. That car was running fine. Came to it next morning wouldent fire up. I will get back to you regarding the chime. Come to think of it . Every car I have ever owned always played that annoying chime when you leave your keys in

Old 30-08-16, 10:00 PM   #4

Hi guys I sorted the issue . It was the ecu at fault. I removed the little is of the board 5p08c3 disarmed the immobiliser and once I resoldered it back to the board it gave me access to peugeot planet. How ever it still wouldn't start. So I flashed the ecu with new software. And it fired up. This can be marked as solved now.
Old 15-02-17, 02:50 PM   #5
Inactive User

Interesting.

So you desoldered the immob chip and reflashed the ECU?

Can I ask how you reflashed the ECU? What did you use? KWP2000+? If so, where did you obtain the later ECU files from?

Last edited by fonzoo; 15-02-17 at 02:52 PM.
fonzoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-02-17, 12:10 AM   #6

Hi my friend I have should still be able to get hold of the files for you. So as you know I respected flashed the immobiliser chip with an eprom reader and writer. After I resoldered it it allowed me access to the flash it self . I brought a cheap and cheer full mpps from eBay. Think it cost me about 20 the files I used was from a Peugeot 206 2.0l hdi I had given me the 306 and 206 share the same ecu. Inbox me your email address and I send them over to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in