Peugeot Forums banner

New 306 TD (XUD) couple of questions :)

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  litwardle 
#1 ·
Hi All,

My intro for info : Clicky

Couple of questions that I hope you may be able to answer please :)
Steering: The steering is fairly heavy, although it may be as my previous car was pretty light. I've lubed the UJ at the bottom of the column as I know that is often the issue.

Clutch: I get a good loud click from the pedal when depressing - havin had a look there is a fairy over-enginnered spring mechanism and this is where the click is coming from. It's doing my head in so any suggesions for a fix would be welcome!!

Thank you in advance!

Lee

#2 · (Edited)
With the steering, not sure, guess it is all relative, I've driven some cars with ridiculously light steering before too, the 306 steering is not the lightest in the world, check your tyre pressures. I can drive mine relatively easily with one hand, but still need two when parking (if that helps!?).

Mine only started clicking about 2miles before the cable snapped (it was super heavy before hand, and bite point was on the floor!), but doesn't sound like your problem. Could be that the spring is not positioned correctly, would need to see it really.

And yes, half leathers are a little less bright! :) Even get lumbar support with it. If you do swap them, unhook the battery about 20mins before you unhook the seatbelt pretensioner plug under the seat.

#3 ·
Still getting the click, and often when nearly to the floor there i a little resistance. I assume it's the self adjust mechanism above the pedal - visibility is a struggle though. Anyone else have the problem?

Car is a 1.9td Vivant (97) with 185 65 R14 wheels - I don't have the manual so struggling with tyre pressures - I've seen 37psi listed fro front and rear? Is this right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.