help tu 1.4 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-04-18, 04:56 PM   #1

Default help tu 1.4

hi all i was wishing for some help i have a 306 tu engine 1.4 it had a leek in the rad on the m40 i got it home ok it over heated so i stop the car and fill it up again so i put a new radiator in it ever since that it. will all ways over heat so i look it some where and thay checked it and thay said yep it the head gasket so i got all the pats new head gasket set new water pump and timing belt and 3 new thermostat new antifreeze got the head skim put it all back toghter on it doing the same thing as before just over heating more on going up hill so i re bleed it with the coke bottle trick but the same so i took the thermostat out and it run fine not i dont get any hot air in the cap when on a long run ony get hot air when it ticking over so i put a nother thermostat in thinking it will be ok now but it still the same ive had ppl looking at it thay dont know what it cued be so plz can some one help
dazza123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-04-18, 05:30 PM   #2

I'm trying to think of suggestions that have not already been mentioned in your ongoing thread on Pistonheads.I think it's all been said.

So you have bled it thoughrely via the taps on the top of the rad',stat housing,and heater hose at the bulk head.
Firstly is it really overheating? What I mean is have you checked it with another temperature gauge.

If it's still overheating you will have to go back through all the work that's been done.Start with the thermostat? it may be faulty,the wrong one,jammed.
Same with water pump,it can't be jammed otherwise the cam belt would have stripped,but the impeller could be faulty.They are plastic and I have known them to slip off the shaft.
The last resort is wip the head back off to see if anything stupid has happened.
Wrong gasket,incorrectly fitted etc etc.
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-04-18, 05:36 PM   #3

hi thank u so much yh i trid it all what u said the only thing i ant tryed is tak the water pump out but i cant under stand why it ony over heats when im doing about 70mph but tick over it fine and the fan cut in fine

Old 17-04-18, 06:37 PM   #4

The faster you go the more the coolant needs to be cooled. The coolant is not getting round fast enough.
By the way dazza,is there something wrong with your key board? Your typing is looking strange and is difficult to understand.
Old 17-04-18, 07:07 PM   #5

sorry i was typing in the dark and yh i know but i had someone to look at it and thay said the rad is fine... so it must be the head then?
Old 17-04-18, 07:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza123 View Post
sorry i was typing in the dark and yh i know but i had someone to look at it and thay said the rad is fine... so it must be the head then?
A reply like that makes me think your a school boy pissing about.
Old 17-04-18, 07:25 PM   #7

hows the school boy pissing about got to do with any think to do with what we talking about?
Old 17-04-18, 09:11 PM   #8

I thnk t problem is t mix of txt tlk nd real english its quite annoying we much prefer real words m8
Old 17-04-18, 09:29 PM   #9

o ok sorry for that. so is there any think i can do about this problem
Old 17-04-18, 09:37 PM   #10

If your sure the engine is not still pressurising the coolant system then i would say the water pump would be my next check too.

If that checks out then im not sure as you have done all the usual things
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in