Alarm not sounding - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-08-09, 09:18 AM   #1

Default Alarm not sounding

Hi. I have just got a 1995 XLD i noticed yesterday that when the alarm is triggered the indicators and head lights flash but the alarm does not sound.

Also as i do not have a handbook can someone tell me what the button on the right-hand side of the steering column and the lock under the bonnet are for

Last edited by buzzby10800; 15-08-09 at 09:31 PM.
buzzby10800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-08-09, 11:02 PM   #2

When you say lock under the bonnet could you explain more , is it like a place you would insert a key? and explain the button ?

Any photo`s
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-08-09, 10:33 AM   #3
Stubbo

The lock under the bonnet is usually for disabling the alarm system entirely, you may have a red topped key/dedicated that fits the lock? If not its possible its been lost somewhere along its lifetime!

And is it a peugeot standard alarm system?

My 95 used to use the horn as the alarm sounder (was awesome when i fitted airhorns to it ) does your horn work?

If it is a separate alarm sounder i've heard reports of these failing due to battery issues, they can be picked up at breakers for around 15-20 these days

Can you have a scout about and see if you have a separate alarm sounder unit

And the button near the ignition is for turning off the ultrasonic sensors in the car, for if you are leaving the windows down a bit or the dog in there

sorry about all the Q's, gotta be sure though havent you!

P.S welcome to the forums

Last edited by Stubbo; 18-08-09 at 10:42 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 18-08-09, 07:24 PM   #4

Thanks Stubbo for the info about the button and the lock under the bonnet and i have the key that fits this lock

As for the alarm.
It is a peugeot standard alarm system.
The horn still works i will look for the sounder when i get back off holiday next week
What would i be looking for and where
buzzby10800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-08-09, 09:13 AM   #5
Stubbo

Unfortunately i'm not too sure where they hide the sounder as i didnt have a separate one

The horn is underneith/behind the bumper on the passenger side, maybe they stash the sounder there as well?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in