97 306 won't start!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-05-15, 03:27 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 97 306 won't start!!

Hey lads and lassie's my name is Alan i'm from little oul Ireland new to the forum and peugeot's

bought a 97 1.9 d style 306, its was on the button until i went to start it wednesday (it was parked up for 3days) she will turn over but not so much as a fart out of her. and iv only the hand brake light coming on the dash

I have read that the immobiliser's give serious bother on these it has a keypad immob on it, dos that mean there's no chip in the key fob?? and would it cause the dash not to light up???

but the thing is i think the immob has been bypass as it seems someone has been messing with the wires around the pump going to the solenoid but im not certain about that

iv checked that iv power going to the glow plugs and glow plug relay.

funny the way iv only the handbrake light coming on on the dash?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Alan
bradlers2k15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-05-15, 06:53 PM   #2
Inactive User

Not a hundred percent familiar with the 306 diesel but you're right those keypad immobilisers are crap. No there is no transponder in the key. First checks I would make are the battery earths, battery to engine and bodywork. Also check the wiring on the starter solenoid as this can give problems and cause the immobiliser to malfunction.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-05-15, 07:02 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
Not a hundred percent familiar with the 306 diesel but you're right those keypad immobilisers are crap. No there is no transponder in the key. First checks I would make are the battery earths, battery to engine and bodywork. Also check the wiring on the starter solenoid as this can give problems and cause the immobiliser to malfunction.
hey renegade thanks for the response iv checked and cleaned the earth going to the body work...will check the one going to the engine when this rain p!sses off

Old 30-05-15, 07:10 PM   #4
Ginger Magic

I had a similar thing on my old 306 td, where the battery clamps on the terminals were loose, not loose loose, but not really tight either...

A simple tweak with a spanner and it was fine up until I sold it..

This does seem to point to a battery/charging issue....
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-05-15, 07:22 PM   #5
Inactive User

Do check the starter solenoid wiring as with most 306's that is where the immobiliser and ignition gets its feed from.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-05-15, 08:54 PM   #6

To see if the immob is functioning or not, "crack" one of the injector pipes open at the injector end, enter the code then turn engine over and there should be a sign of diesel coming out at the connector, this may of course indicate a failed pump too !
Also check the stop solenoid but I think generally they fail in the open position
johnbrander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-05-15, 06:32 PM   #7
Inactive User

don't have the keypad code but im pretty sure its not the problem now, when i turn the ing on the red and green light come on on the keypad but go off after 30sec's!! and tbh it looks to be bypassed, as in the pump has funny looking wire's going to it but im not sure about that one..

can anyone comfirm if the immobi will cut the light's out on the dash? the battery is fairly fresh in it il have a good look at the battery terms and get back to you's

thanks again
Old 03-06-15, 06:31 PM   #8
Inactive User

got this sorted turn out to be a dodgy wire at the back of the ING whats the story with this thread not coming up in the place i put it??? and my last comment was deleted??? whats the fucking problem mods????
Old 04-06-15, 04:09 PM   #9

what was your last comment and where did you post it ??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in