306 wont start - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-19, 09:08 PM   #1

Default 306 wont start

Hi guys, have a big problem please help!!!
So, i will start: i have peugeot 306 1996 1,3l petrol.engine. i.came to.workshop.to.replace starter. After replacing starter car wont start, ofcourse they before replacing starter they disconmect battery but car wont start. Inside car are imobilieser calculator(dunno how to.say in other words, maybe calculator) where you.need to.put pin.codę.but car wont start. I found some.information.that imobilieser has been gone, after doing disconnect baterry.or change starter. How.i can reset imobilieser? Before putting code there are red light and when i put code there flash green but.car wont start. Maybe any ideas?'thanks

Isiųsta naudojantis HUAWEI VNS-L21 Tapatalk 4 Lt
pakartok2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-19, 01:01 PM   #2

Sounds like immobiliser is doing its job properly it is more likely something you have disturbed during fitting the starter.

Please be precise what is car actually doing when you turn the key?
Old 09-06-19, 01:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Sounds like immobiliser is doing its job properly it is more likely something you have disturbed during fitting the starter.

Please be precise what is car actually doing when you turn the key?
Okey, so they changed starter, if you put 2 wires in 1 bolt on starter there are flashing res light inside car, when you put pin code then flash green light. Car are cranking but not starting, injector dont have supply
If you put 2wires not in 1bolt but seperately, because there are 2 bolt.on starter inside car are flashing green and red lights together and i cant put code.

Old 09-06-19, 03:32 PM   #4

Was the immobiliser working correctly BEFORE the starter motor was replaced.

A lot of people used to get annoyed with the pin code immobiliser & would input the 4 digit pin code & then unplug it so it wouldn't re arm again.

What happens then is if the battery goes flat or is ever disconnected, when the battery is reconnected the immobiliser will arm itself & wont disarm without the correct 4 digit pin code being used.

A lot of people back in the day bought Peugeot / Citroen vehicles with a non working pin code immobiliser because the previous owner got annoyed & disconnected it, everything is fine until the battery goes flat / gets disconnected & then they end up with an immobilised car.

Does the keypad have a button marked D/N or a button marked S - two different types of keypad system used.
Old 09-06-19, 03:43 PM   #5

Yes mr lee, before replacing starter motor everything with car was great, he starrted and rided.
Yes inside are 4 digital pin.code by 9 digitals. Now car is in.workshop and mechanics dunno what yo.do

Old 09-06-19, 03:51 PM   #6

And yes they have s and c letters in pin code calculator.

Old 09-06-19, 03:52 PM   #7

Ignition key removed - red led should flash slowly on the keypad.

Turn the ignition key on & red led should go solid & allow you to enter the 4 digit code.

If correct code is entered the red led will go off & the green led will come on solid until the engine starts.

Do you have both led on at the same time OR the red led is flashing fast & a warning beep from the keypad?
Old 09-06-19, 04:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lee View Post
Ignition key removed - red led should flash slowly on the keypad.

Turn the ignition key on & red led should go solid & allow you to enter the 4 digit code.

If correct code is entered the red led will go off & the green led will come on solid until the engine starts.

Do you have both led on at the same time OR the red led is flashing fast & a warning beep from the keypad?
Before starting red light, then put code and flash green light

Old 09-06-19, 04:59 PM   #9

But there are some.other thing.
If i.put on starter 2 pluses wires in upper bolt there are some like.ij.this.video https://youtu.be/lPk2m6V5ztw
If.i.put.not.together wires, one up one.down before starting are just red light and after putting code flash green light, so i think thats the solution in that video.

Old 09-06-19, 09:55 PM   #10

Put the wires on the starter PROPERLY there is only 1 correct way the way they came off !
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in