306 fuel filter - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By david82
  • 1 Post By Gibbo
  • 1 Post By Old Pug

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-14, 10:17 AM   #1
Inactive User

Question 306 fuel filter

Have 306 diesel with DW8B engine I want to change fuel filter its a bit different to the citroen diesel filter housing im used to no bolts 306 has a oval shape housing little pipe coming off back right hand side and looks like feed pipe coming in from left hand side and a push button primer I gather .
The top has two hock like things front right which lock together as have theeth on them do you twist cover away from them as don't want to break any thing as I broke engine cover which was held on with bolt on side and a slide off clip on top not a twist and pull whoops hopefully car will be allright with out cover
pugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-14, 06:13 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugnuts View Post
Have 306 diesel with DW8B engine I want to change fuel filter its a bit different to the citroen diesel filter housing im used to no bolts 306 has a oval shape housing little pipe coming off back right hand side and looks like feed pipe coming in from left hand side and a push button primer I gather .
The top has two hock like things front right which lock together as have theeth on them do you twist cover away from them as don't want to break any thing as I broke engine cover which was held on with bolt on side and a slide off clip on top not a twist and pull whoops hopefully car will be allright with out cover
check youtube for a vid m8 there is loads on there mine on the 206 turns to come off
pugnuts likes this.
david82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-14, 09:29 AM   #3

I'm sure it has the type of connector like you see on a Kilner jar or Grolsch bottle, but sideways on.

There's a pic here.
pugnuts likes this.

Old 12-05-14, 11:47 AM   #4

That`s the one,here is a better image (if it works?). it did,but you have to double click to make it bigger. I`ll work out these attachments one day??
Stupid plastic clip/snap ring,only use fingers or it will brake.Have a close look and you will see how it works.Very simple to change the filter.
Attached Thumbnails
fffff.jpg  
pugnuts likes this.
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-14, 08:06 PM   #5
Inactive User

thank you for your help
Old 12-05-14, 08:17 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default 306 dw8 fuel filter

Firstly thanks for every ones help . Have managed to get locking ring off fine does any one know how the lid comes off it looks like a plastic clip on right hand side which you prise back and lid will come past just don't want to break it as the clip is part of the filter body
Old 13-05-14, 07:33 AM   #7

Threads merged and moved to 306 section. Please don't start new threads when you already have one open for your enquiry, and post in the correct section.
Old 13-05-14, 09:58 AM   #8

Is your filter the one in the images??
If so relies the oval band clip (4) at the locking ratchet, lift off the top cap (5) (it may be stuck) replace the filter element and rubber ring,hold down the cap,locate the band clip and squeeze the locking ratchet bit. Its so simple.
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-05-14, 08:39 PM   #9
Inactive User

Yes it is the same as pic thank you for that will do filter soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in