306 - front elec windows done in. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-08-09, 08:41 PM   #1

Default 306 - front elec windows done in.

disaster has struck. for some silly reason i cant turn on the car without the fuse blowing that controls my front elec windows. central locking is fine tho and my rear elec windows.

ive bin to the scrappers and picked up some new switches, ive even had tha door card off and played with the motor for the windows. i hooked the motor up to my 12v supply and instead of spinning like i thought it would is sort of kept stopping and starting??????

please can anyone help?
R-Kid83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-08-09, 09:15 AM   #2
Stubbo

Sounds like the motor is packing in a bit there and possibly drawing too much current

Or does the fuse blow without you actually using the windows?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-08-09, 05:51 PM   #3

i turn the car off completely and take out the keys so there is no power what so ever. i put the 30a fuse in its home. Then as soon as i turn the ignition key the fuse pops.

when payday does eventually come i was thinking bout nippin to ye old scrappers and gettin 2 motors and the relay. which relay it is i have no idea ha ha.

you ever have this prob with yours when you had it? or do you know anyone that could help?

Old 22-08-09, 11:19 AM   #4
chopper1192

It's not an unheard of fault for the wiring looms to the front doors to break on a 306. If this happens you usually just get inoperative windows, but it's possible the wires haven't gone through completely and are chafing to ground at some point - the moment you hit the switch the current flows stright to the body and the fuse goes pop.

I'd start your investigation in this area.
Old 23-08-09, 05:20 PM   #5

Unhappy

Had the same problem but with the sun roof traced it to the wiring in the plug on the passenger door what a mess some wires were broken and others melted together. Ended up getting a plug from the scrappy with as much wire as possible the colour coding was not the same (good old peugeot electrics) but with the help of a multi meter and a pin managed to trace which wire was which.
buzzby10800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-08-09, 08:43 PM   #6

cheers guys. il av a look as soon as the wever clears up. i hope it is just the plugs, it'll save me replacin all the motors etc. thnks again guys. i'll let you know how it goes.
Old 26-08-09, 09:51 AM   #7
Stubbo

I'd probably say replacing the plugs/parts of door loom is more of a job myself!

but either way let us know what you find
Old 27-08-09, 07:36 AM   #8

unbelievable! For some reason my leccy windows have started workin again. These havent worked since my windows packed in. w.t.f is going on lol.
has to be the plugs in the doors then. it stil dont explain what was happenin to the motor (previous post)?
soon as i get a nice day ma baby wil get all my attention. that will upset tha misus no end. oh well!
Old 28-08-09, 06:39 PM   #9

There is a good posting on the 306gti6.com web site with instructions and pictures.

Go to Forums > FAQ > FAQ Index > Common central locking problems FAQ
buzzby10800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-08-09, 07:53 PM   #10

ill check it out. cheers bud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in