Peugeot Forums banner

306 1.6 ECU(ECM) switch off fuel pump when hot

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mikemonkey29 
#1 ·
306 1.6 TU5JP/Z engine 1993
Cold engine have no problem to start.
After 5-10km (not so hot engine) on hot days engine just stop. Start is not posible like no fuel. With Full contact II ignition switch, I dont hear usual 1-2 seconds fuel pump work.
Fuel pump don't work, no power to conector.
Double Relay module is ok, pin 10 have no ground - from ECM pin 3, if I conect pin 10 to ground Relay switch and fuel pump work.

After 15-20 min engine is cooled and I can start engine again.

Please anyone know ECM (ECU) logic in witch state of sensors ECM switch off fuel pump (Double relay). How to know witch sensors fault.
My service don't find any ECM errors.
Please Help

#2 ·
I think I found problem.
Fresh Air intake duct (Air cleaner - front side of Water cooling radiator) was burn by radiator heat (10cm x 5 cm) :D and engine fresh air coming behind radiator. When engine is hot and I stop on hot days, turn off and after 5 min try to start engine will start and after 5 sec will stop and no more start is possible. ECM turns off fuel pump relay. Fresh Air sensor detects too hot air (maybe fire in engine) and disconnect fuel pump. In service they don't detect problem because front motor door is open all the time and intake air is cooled.
I fix the burn duct and test 1 hour driving stopping driving...
No problem now.

Can someone confirm this behaviour of ECM.
When ECM disconnect fuel pump?

#3 ·
obana86 said:
The year before my son turned 18, he constantly pleaded to beallowed to a tattoo, but I refused to sign permission for one. Heargued that soon he would be a man and he should be able to makeadult decisions. Sure enough, a few days after his 18th birthday,he come home with a tattoo. Although I was riot happy about this,I was curious to see what symbol of masculinity he had chosen. There,on his shoulder, was a two-inch image of Mickey Mouse.
And this comes in where? lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.