306 1.6 8v engine trouble - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-17, 07:21 PM   #1

Default 306 1.6 8v engine trouble

Hey guys,

So i got some issues with this car that are starting to get truly bloodboilingly annoying. It's my parents car so i'm not driving it everyday.

So 2 things,

1) bad idle, and yes the icv/stepper motor has already been replaced.
The idle sometimes is just terrible... however note i said sometimes.
Sometimes it will start up and just be allright and for the entire journy of that startup everything stays ok.
But when sometimes it starts up, its bad from the get go, idling so low that the engine stalls out.
However if i then manually with the throttle keep the revs up for a minute or so... then release the gas, then it seems to stay allright again.
Engine temperature seems not to make any difference.

So the icv steppermotor is replaced, and should be learned in by now properly.
Off course all usual service is top notch, engine runs great, good power, revs good, does not smoke and does not use oil at all, despite being at 234.xxx km.
Spark plugs are excellent, every other serviceable thing is kept up so also all filters and fluids, even gearbox and off course fuel filter etc.
I do have a simple obd2 reader, and a while back i got a fault regarding the icv so hence its replaced... despite it now sometimes running shit it did not give a new code.
MAP sensor gives good kpa on idle/wot.
No other faults at all... So what the hell is going on?

2) a strange rattle around the intake manifold/throttle body.
This one has been around for a while...does not seem to affect performance at all.
There is a noticeable rattle prrrgghhsctttt noise when revving... when revving up and quikly releasing throttle it is easily audible.
Engine has been fully checked tho... valve clearance, all new belts and pully's also the tensioner pully for the power steering/ac pump.
But its clearly audible around the throttle body...
But even with a endoscope i for the love of satan can not find the cause of it.
I'll try to up a video of it in a bit, tho on the vid it does sound even more horrible due to the little mic in it.
The noise is also still there with all the auxilary belts removed, so no alternator/power steering/ac. So its absolutely not comming from the pumps pullys or belts.
Neither from the timing belt.

I uploaded a video to youtube, but apparantly i can not post a link here because my post count is too low.... not real logical but oke.

The car has no other problems at all, everything else works as it should, and drives good.

Last edited by Manglebangle; 09-08-17 at 07:26 PM.
Manglebangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-17, 07:36 PM   #2

Get your posts up here so you can upload links etc. https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...fore-pm-72601/

Best to get it scanned with Diagbox/PP2000 so you can get live data. Static fault codes are often of little use when you have an intermittent fault. Also, generic code readers can get it very wrong when dealing with peugeots.

Read this, it will tell you how to get someone local with a Lexia/Peugeot kit to help.. https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...members-83170/
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-17, 08:21 PM   #3

Yeah for sure im gonna let a dealer read it out, just hate how much they ask for it.
But shouldnt by logical thinking, it be able to narrow down some obvious and obviously not causes?

And on the 2nd problem its no use to ask a dealer.
Thinking to pull the entire manifold off to check, did anyone ever experience something like this?

Old 11-08-17, 12:12 PM   #4

So the dealer couldnt find shit.
Getting real tired of this worthless french shit as usual.

Does anyone have any frigging idea what to check?
Starting to fucking hate this french shit... Aaallwwaaysss something wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in