306 1.4 won't start - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-06-15, 09:19 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 306 1.4 won't start

I have a Peugeot 306 1.4 owned for just over a year now and had no problems was brought at first to work on until everything was sorted...finally managed to pass my test 2 weeks ago been on my parent in laws drive since March...father in law went to take it for M.O.T last Wednesday to find that morning it wouldn't start Me, My Partner and her Dad have spent the last week online researching for an answer nothing seems to work... Turns over fine and forever but won't fire, read through thousands of forums with the same issue but none seem to have a definite answer to the problem hoping someone has any other ideas...PLEASE HELP!!! About to set the thing on fire soon
clacannon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-06-15, 09:45 PM   #2
edd
Inactive User

PP2000 diagnostics ,look on the map on the forum ,it is the only thing that seems to work,read Gibbo,s New member post for someone in your area ,you need 20 posts before you can pm a member ,so if need be post 19 times on here,

I went through the same and only the specific pegeout software can fix your car( Pegeout planet 2000) dont waste your time doing anything else until you have had the diagnostics done. This will tell you what is wrong,and possibly fix your fault instantly by re-setting things properly.

Thanks ed
edd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-06-15, 09:59 PM   #3
Ginger Magic

The only reasons a car that a car that has been stood for a while won't start is either lack of fuel, or lack of spark...

Start with the free stuff first;

Make sure you are using the right key, not all spare keys have chips in them.

Is the battery fully charged?

Will the car start with 'easy-start'.?

If you have tried the above, then I'm sorry I'm stumped - I'm not a mechanic by any means but I want to help you get your first car going..!!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-06-15, 10:08 PM   #4
edd
Inactive User

Just to add also it is the members on here who do the diagnostics not pegeout dealer ,,sometimes free or for a small fee,,beats the 80 odd quid pegeout want and worked for me ,as ginger magic says try the free stuff first if not already done also,

We are all here to help, so just ask
edd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-06-15, 11:33 PM   #5
Inactive User

Is it one of the 306's with that crappy immobiliser key pad or the later one's with the transponder in the key? What year is the car as the systems changed a bit during the production of the 306, may be able to help further if I know what system is fitted.

Last edited by renegade; 23-06-15 at 11:40 PM.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-06-15, 08:25 AM   #6

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 24-06-15, 09:08 AM   #7
Inactive User

Thanks for your reply guys...I'll have a look at what you was on about Edd, and yes defiantly plenty of fuel in tank we filled it with around 40's worth when it was booked to go for MOT and it is 2000 doesn't have keypad, but when we brought it we was only ever given one key!!! Don't have a spare!!!
clacannon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in