Puncture - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By yorky52
  • 2 Post By QuarterBill
  • 1 Post By Brilec
  • 2 Post By denzel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-19, 08:56 AM   #1

Default Puncture

Well I had my first puncture today after visiting the local tip. Naturally it was in a place that couldn't be repaired.

When I had it fixed, new tyre, they had to really go to town on the rim with a big rubber hammer to get it off.

I was advised to take all the wheels off and apply copper slip to stop them becoming permanently fixed. If I'd have had a puncture on in an out of the way place I would never had been able to change the wheel. It's a late 17 plate and the wheels have never been off. It's cost me an extra 10 to have all four done.

If you've never had your wheel off it might be worth thinking about.
Gibbo and marius23mvp like this.

Last edited by yorky52; 11-04-19 at 10:59 AM.
yorky52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-19, 10:46 AM   #2

Yep..sadly its now very common, no need to remove the wheels to check pads or discs,in the first couple of years,and not only with peugeot...my sons bmw 3 series gave me grief with siezed wheels when I wanted to change the pads...and its go full bmw service history....as did another mondeo @ 4years for pads...the wheels had never been off .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
noddy-hol is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-19, 11:01 AM   #3

All my wheels come off either before or after winter when I do my winter prep of ensuring the wheel arch liners are secure - or spring tidy up when I clean out all the gathered mud from inside and behind them.

Old 11-04-19, 02:30 PM   #4

Small local garage I know well get lots of out of warranty cars in for service, they normally have to use the lead hammer to free the stuck alloy wheels the first visit they see a car that's new to there workshop.

They always remove all the wheels when they carry out a service as they check the wheel balance plus tread depths, they only have one level of service & its a very comprehensive one.
Old 11-04-19, 04:51 PM   #5

Alloys get stuck on the hub quite easily dont assume they have never been off just because they are tight i have to fight with some wheels every time they come off even though you know they were off 6 months ago.
Old 13-04-19, 04:46 PM   #6

Default Puncture

I had just parked my car with the front wheels turned to the right, and just as well I noted a screw head sticking out in the centre of the tyre! It hadn't triggered the low pressure warning in the car, so it was not loosing air yet!
Took my car to my local National Tyres to have it repaired an pointed out the screw might not have gone right through the tyre, I thought I would look on when they jacked up the car, and like you had trouble removing the wheel from the hub, but after kicking it a few times I mean the wheel not the car! it came off. What bothered me was when the tyre had been repaired it was left to a young boy to put it back on the car, and to my horror, he started with the locking wheel stud, instead of lining up the holes with the other studs, He tried the start the stud with his fingers, and when he couldn't get it started, he then use the air wrench and drove it in at an angle for the first few turns, then it went in straight, I told the supervisor what I had seen him do, but water off a ducks back. Any way I was charged 19.00 for the repair which included a safety valve, and on inspection the valve had not been changed only the cap. I complained yet again and was told it was a pressure sensor valve that was on my car, that's why it was not changed, I have since found out my 2018 Peugeot 3008suv allure does not use tyre sensor valves, and I returned to let him know that, What an unprofessional shower, I will not use that branch again! Sorry for ranting on, but it's the principle of the thing. Cheers Bill
mooi1uk and JimWooly like this.
QuarterBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-04-19, 06:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterBill View Post
I had just parked my car with the front wheels turned to the right, and just as well I noted a screw head sticking out in the centre of the tyre! It hadn't triggered the low pressure warning in the car, so it was not loosing air yet!
Took my car to my local National Tyres to have it repaired an pointed out the screw might not have gone right through the tyre, I thought I would look on when they jacked up the car, and like you had trouble removing the wheel from the hub, but after kicking it a few times I mean the wheel not the car! it came off. What bothered me was when the tyre had been repaired it was left to a young boy to put it back on the car, and to my horror, he started with the locking wheel stud, instead of lining up the holes with the other studs, He tried the start the stud with his fingers, and when he couldn't get it started, he then use the air wrench and drove it in at an angle for the first few turns, then it went in straight, I told the supervisor what I had seen him do, but water off a ducks back. Any way I was charged 19.00 for the repair which included a safety valve, and on inspection the valve had not been changed only the cap. I complained yet again and was told it was a pressure sensor valve that was on my car, that's why it was not changed, I have since found out my 2018 Peugeot 3008suv allure does not use tyre sensor valves, and I returned to let him know that, What an unprofessional shower, I will not use that branch again! Sorry for ranting on, but it's the principle of the thing. Cheers Bill

I had my tyre replaced by National Tyres as well. They left a dirty great scratch on the alloy. It's costing hem 90 to get it repaired. I must say though, that I've used National Tyres for years and this is the first problem I've had with them.

Phil
yorky52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-04-19, 09:03 AM   #8

First thing I do when I get a new to me car. Remove all wheels and clean the central spigot then put a smear of grease on it. Also put a smear of grease on every bolt thread then do them up to the point where I know I could get them off at the roadside if I had to.
Jill likes this.
Old 15-04-19, 06:03 AM   #9

Perhaps a bit off topic, but regarding the "stuck" wheels and bolts:

I was changing my winter alloys for summers ones over the weekend, I got my self a hydraulic jack on Amazon for about 25 and decided to do the job on my own since the wheels are practically new and don't need balancing.
What I did not purchase is the wheel nut wrench, I used the one that came with the car... what a mistake. The bolts were not too tight, just the correct safe amount of torque I would say, but the wrench completely broke after removing 3 wheels.

I had to go then, in the middle of work, with 3 18" Summer wheels and one 17" Winter wheel, to a local shop and get myself a proper wrench of decent quality (costed 8).

https://ibb.co/album/b08d3v

So just a note to everyone, if you want to be on the safe side, get yourself an additional wheel nut wrench and put it in the boot, the one that comes with the car is of very very poor quality. If your bolts are too tight, the wrench might even break on the first wheel, and you might find yourself in a bad position on the side of a road

Cheers.
yorky52 and Jill like this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in