panoramic roof_water drips from headliner - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bluehdi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-02-19, 03:08 PM   #1

Angry panoramic roof_water drips from headliner

Have a GT line Peugeot with a panoramic roof since 2017. Been generally very happy with the car. Bought it brand new from the dealer and living in the Netherlands, so it has been through plenty of rain, uncharacteristically hot sunny days this last Summer, frost & snow in winter & of course been to carwash. A few weeks ago, got into the car one morning after a rainy night, drove off and as I steered left on the first turn, water started to drip down from the right side of the overhead light console. Could not believe my eyes, bewildered!!! I hardly ever ever use the panoramic sunroof and now this?!!! stopped the car and touched the overhead liner and sure enough the front half on the passenger side was wet and the part adjacent to the light console was completely drenched. Tried my best to dry it up with paper towel and sponge. It was a cold but luckily sunny day and I aired the car out pretty good by driving with the sunroof open and windows. Tried to convince myself that this was just a one time event and it was probably from excess humidity which has condensed in the overhead console. It was also a consolation that I still have a warranty on the car.
The next 2 weeks it rained once in a while but car stayed dry…until last week. Car was parked overnight, and it rained continuously most of the night. In the morning I started to drive off and the nightmarish scenario repeated. Padded the headliner to prevent the water from dripping onto the passenger seat and immediately drove to the dealer to show it to them. I didn’t expect to get an appointment that very day but I wanted this to be documented. They gave me an appointment for the following week.
Out of curiosity, I decided to check the sunroof drain lines before taking it to the dealer. Opened the sunroof and poured water at the corners of the roof frame and it drained immediately through the lines. I was supremely disappointed because I was hoping for clogged drain lines and a simple fix. Now, I had to accept that this is not going to be a quick fix at the dealers, and I was right. When the day came, the first reaction of the service-person who greeted me at the dealership was to play dumb like he has no idea and it is his first time hearing the story. I told him to just read the records from last week, it’s all there and that he could get an eyewitness account from his colleague who was sitting there in person and recorded this last week. Anyhow, left the car there, hoping for the experts to troubleshoot but I was bothered by the stupid reaction I got at the desk. They kept the car for a whole day, called me at the end of the day telling me that “…yeah, you can pick it up! we hosed it down and no traces of leakage on the inside, you’re sure you didn’t leave it open over night? ” Obviously, I didn’t find this acceptable because I expected them to know a little more than me (the consumer) about the internals of the panoramic roof and what could go wrong. My friends, when it comes to issues like this, the dealership is just as clueless as you and I, if not more. Now I am supposed to take it back the next time it gets wet again which I believe will be any day now because I have faith in the crappy weather of Holland.
The rubber seals of the sunroof look impeccable but in the mean time, I am going to hose down the roof but with more focus along the roof racks and check for wetness underneath. I am starting to think this is a manufacturing flaw. Anyone, any ideas?
pou789 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-02-19, 03:19 PM   #2

Just checking, there is a Peugeot TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) entitled 'Stains on the headlining due to the ingress of water from the panoramic sunroof frame' - C2AW011LQ0. Your dealer will likely check whether this applies to the build date of your car and then apply the fix if necessary. You yourself can use Servicebox to check your RPO and see if it affects your 3008.

Its a pretty big job - book time is between 1.30hrs and 2.5 hrs. This is the book time a dealer would get from Peugeot for carrying out this work.

Looks like removal of the headlining, checking and use of mastic and possibly replacement of one or any of the four front and rear drainage pipes. These are the pipes I think you can see hanging down from the rear of the car (mine has them).

If the headlining is anyway water damaged, I would be asking them to replace it with new. Its also very easy to damage getting it in and out, so they may have to replace it anyway.

Do keep us posted.
symewn likes this.
Old 23-02-19, 01:01 AM   #3

Thanks so much Bluehdi. I'll definitely check out the TSB. BTW, I think you're right in that they basically have to remove the headliner to get to the bottom of this. Not a straight forward job.
Cheers

Old 30-09-19, 02:03 PM   #4

Default leaking pano roof

Hi all,

after a relatively dry summer we had here in Amsterdam area, it poured buckets yesterday. And sure enough when I drove off with my car, droplets began to pour down from the headliner near the overhead light console. I was obviously disappointed but not surprised because the last time I took it to the dealer back in Feb 2019, they returned the car with no findings on the root cause and suggested I bring it again the next time it happens. So the saga continues I have made an appointment with the dealer for next week. I also used Peugeot's chat line to put in a complaint and as for guidance. they basically wished me luck with the dealer and said that if the dealer can't fix it again, I will have to contact customer service. any breakthroughs on this topic over the last few months? please advice.
Old 01-10-19, 09:06 AM   #5

Sory to hear your story.
I have 3008 with pano roof, new march 2018; this car has been into my main dealer on three occasions for this problem.
the first time i was told it was due to blocked drain pipes, however when I told them I did not see how this could cause water ingress, as the seals would need to leak in order to get water in there in the first place i was told all was well and they had fully tested the roof and seals, as the head lining in white this was changed.
During the following twelve months the external roof seal started to deteriorate visably, and a rust stain appeared running form the front corner of the roof seal down to the windscreen,exactly twelve months after the first leakage the same water staing appeared again once again I was told blocked drain tubes, this time i refused to accept the car back and made them put me into a hire care, they had the car for a further three weeks, finally I went to the dealers and there happened to be 3008 with pano roof parked outside, I insisted the service manager inspected my car but before he did this I made him look, externally, at the other 3008.
This finally got them to change the roof seals, 2 internal and external, and once again a new headlining.
I am hopefull this will bring this saga to a close.
What this must have cost peugeot I can only imagine!, they have also lost any possible future business from me.
For any dealer or manufacturer to treat their customers, their revenue stream like idiots can only be commercial suicide.
chrisdobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-19, 01:27 PM   #6

Thanks Chrisdobb. It looks like you've been there and share the same frustrations. Sincerely hope yours is fixed with no future problems. Mine was at the dealer's yesterday and I picked it up today. This time they replaced two internal rubber seals which they claim were malfunctioning due to a deformity and guided the water into the overhead console and getting the headliner wet! I hope to God they're right. I'll give updates if this one turns out to be a lemon. Otherwise the next step would be chasing peugeot for a replacement🤨
Old 11-10-19, 07:18 AM   #7

Touch wood, so far mine seems OK, but it's only about three months since it was done, however we have had a lot of rain in that time.
Good luck
chrisdobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-19, 01:54 PM   #8

Well here in Brisbane we have had the driest winter in years. So My pano roof has not seen water in ages.

Funnily enough we finally got some rain this afternoon but boy we could do with a lot more.

Cheers Mike
Old 14-10-19, 09:43 AM   #9

Seems like changing the internal seals has done the trick for mine too😀 It's been a week since the replacement and we experienced a few rainy days. Still dry!!! KNOCK ON WOOD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in