No update for 2019 3008 GT engine choices? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-18, 01:21 PM   #1

Default No update for 2019 3008 GT engine choices?

By coincidence, I noticed in the English 3008 brochure that there are some changes for the 1,6l petrol engine, but no update for the GT trim with the 2,0l diesel engine.

That's not logical to me. Anyone heard any rumours about a GT engine update as well? I'm looking at trading in my 2017 3008 with a 2019, but I'm not sure what to believe.

1. The 1,6l petrol engine looks to be rebranded to PureTech (which I didn't believe on this forum previously - sorry about that). That makes absolutely no sense to me, as PureTech is branded and marketed is three sylinder engines. The 1,6l is a four sylinder engine. It has got to be a worlds first that a manufacturer upsizes it's engines in this eco-friendly decade
2. The current 1,6l petrol engine is just as fast (or slow to be honest) than the 2,0l diesel in the GT. Why would they put an even more powerful engine in the cheaper trims (GT-Line and below)? The only reason I bought the GT-Line instead of GT was because the GT-Line was cheaper and came with a better engine. From the 2019-models there's absolutely no reason to buy the GT

Are the Peugeot managers drunk, do they have a heat stroke, or what else is going on down there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-07-18, 03:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agmuns View Post
By coincidence, I noticed in the English 3008 brochure that there are some changes for the 1,6l petrol engine, but no update for the GT trim with the 2,0l diesel engine.

That's not logical to me. Anyone heard any rumours about a GT engine update as well? I'm looking at trading in my 2017 3008 with a 2019, but I'm not sure what to believe.

1. The 1,6l petrol engine looks to be rebranded to PureTech (which I didn't believe on this forum previously - sorry about that). That makes absolutely no sense to me, as PureTech is branded and marketed is three sylinder engines. The 1,6l is a four sylinder engine. It has got to be a worlds first that a manufacturer upsizes it's engines in this eco-friendly decade
2. The current 1,6l petrol engine is just as fast (or slow to be honest) than the 2,0l diesel in the GT. Why would they put an even more powerful engine in the cheaper trims (GT-Line and below)? The only reason I bought the GT-Line instead of GT was because the GT-Line was cheaper and came with a better engine. From the 2019-models there's absolutely no reason to buy the GT

Are the Peugeot managers drunk, do they have a heat stroke, or what else is going on down there?
Is the 1.6 puretech you're talking about the 220 something horse power one they're putting in the new 508?
If so I think it's Peugeot's way of getting off the diesel band wagon.
I would expect a higher power engine to go in the GT but you'll have to wait until they decide. They already have the 1.6 puretech. Maybe they'll come up with a 2 litre 300hp Yes please, I'll order mine now!

Grumpy
Old 21-07-18, 02:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
Is the 1.6 puretech you're talking about the 220 something horse power one they're putting in the new 508?
I would expect a higher power engine to go in the GT but you'll have to wait until they decide. They already have the 1.6 puretech. Maybe they'll come up with a 2 litre 300hp Yes please, I'll order mine now!

Grumpy
While I love the enthusiasm, there is no god damn way Peugeot will put a 2.0L 300hp motor in a SUV not gonna happen lol ....... OH JEZ, I STAND CORRECTED

https://i.imgur.com/GeIZ2ik.png

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Nate Legend; 21-07-18 at 02:46 AM.
Nate Legend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-07-18, 06:15 AM   #4

Yer I know, but be good though! It would be a proper GT then.

I am so disappointed Peugeot dropped the 2.2 HDI. Best engine ever as I had many cars and MPVs with that engine. Bullet proof! The difference in engine between the 2l HDI 177 and the 2.2l HDI 204 was quite marked, when I got out of my 508 GT and drove the replacement GT.

Grumpy
Old 21-07-18, 05:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit View Post

Grumpy
I don't know what they will add to the new 508, but I'm talking about the Euro 6.2 version of the current 1,6l THP petrol engine. They boost it with 15 more bhp (total of 180 bhp), which will make it significantly faster than the GT with 180 bhp diesel.

Maybe the 2019 GT will be hybrid only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in