Peugeot Forums banner

MyPeugeot app works!

6K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  purplehaze 
#1 ·
I have been using a recent update of MyPeugeot ver: 1.19.3 from the beginning of last week and it has not failed to automatically connect to the car and download every single journey that was made.

Now there is a further release ver: 1.20.0 and this is even better as it sends a message to my phones notifications list after the last journey of the day ie: "Ready to connect. Last connection on 14 August at 11.34" it also displays an icon of a car with a wifi symbol above it.

So far fairly impressed with this version.

#3 ·
I'm far from impressed at this version which for me is the worst update yet.

It connects every time but now it leaves an annoying icon in the top left hand corner and the launch icon has a notification icon telling me that it's waiting to connect. The only way to get rid of both is to force stop the app in settings. (Users in Play store also report the same issue)

I'm pretty much done with the app now after continually singing it's praises to fellow owners.

Sent from my P10(M3F3) using Tapatalk

#4 · (Edited)
You can easily get rid of the notification. On your phone select settings then apps, scroll down to MyPeugeot and open it

Scroll down to "Notifications" and open, there should be a setting called:-

"BLOCK"
Show no notifications from this app.

To the right is the option "OFF/ON" switch this to "ON" it will get rid of the notification and car icon you see and it will not reappear unless you set the option to "OFF".

#5 ·
Thanks Aitcho

I've already switched notification off but this means I don't get the notification to let me know that new journeys are available, fuel has been added, service due etc.

I'll keep it like this for a few weeks and hope for another update. I know an immediate solution might be to roll back to v18 which worked for me

Sent from my Power_3 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I've already switched notification off but this means I don't get the notification to let me know that new journeys are available, fuel has been added, service due etc.
You can tweak notifications a bit more precisely.

Press and hold the notification, tap little "i" icon, there will be an option "Ready to connect" - you can either disable it, either click it and you will be presented with even more options.

Attachments

#6 ·
Switching off the notifications can be inconvenient as you then receive no information messages at all.

I haven't "blocked" the MyPeugeot apps messages as I can live with the car icon
and message appearing on my phone until the next improved version makes an appearance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.