Mood lighting on centre console sides? - Page 2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-19, 04:24 PM   #11

How long have you had the car Mooi? It'll be interesting to see whether this is a widespread issue - who has the lighting and who doesn't. Maybe it's a recent development where Peugeot just don't bother to plug them in any more? I'd like access to diagrams to see console assembly and wiring circuitry...
LeMutt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-19, 05:45 PM   #12

I have those lights everywhere, it's like driving inside of a Christmas tree
Old 08-11-19, 06:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMutt View Post
No black roof or chrome lower window trim, so not a GT Line but a cracking looking Allure, Bill - thanks for chiming in. It has opened up a bit of a can of worms though, since it looks like we should all have those mood lights on the console. I'm going to check again when it's dark... maybe they're just a bit dim (like myself) and I missed them...
Hi LeMutt

Just had a thought, as the cup holder blue rings are easily seen, May be you haven't turned up the led Intensity? As you know they are adjustable.

Cheers Bill

Last edited by QuarterBill; 08-11-19 at 06:16 PM.
QuarterBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-19, 07:58 PM   #14

Correction to my earlier post. I've just been out in the car and looked down at the console and lo and behold I HAVE got LEDs both sides! After having owned the car for over a year I've never noticed the lights before!
Mentioned it to my wife and it was "didn't you know that?"......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot

Last edited by mooi1uk; 08-11-19 at 08:19 PM.
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-19, 08:19 PM   #15

Just been out and checked now it's dark, and although the upper doors, door pockets, instrument panel trim, charging tray, cupholders and centre storage are all lit up, there's not a sausage on the sides of the console.

Bill, it was a good idea but my mood lighting is whacked up to MAX and the car came like that.

Mooi - glad to know yours are working. At least if the dealer says the panels are not supposed to light up, I'll be able to demonstrate otherwise... info and photos from others also gratefully received.
LeMutt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-19, 10:30 PM   #16

Please can you let us know the date of your 3008. I wonder if you have a newer registered vehicle?

I suspect you are seeing Peugeots removal of parts of the LED mood lighting which are now coming through to newer UK vehicles. They still get away with listing it in the brochure as they still have some of the blue lighting, but notably I understand the lighting at the sides of the centre console has been deleted.

European forums are buzzing with moans about the loss of some of the LED mood lighting. People have tried via the parts department to buy the missing parts and found the wiring loom isnít available within the car, to plug into. I do think Peugeot penny pinch by tinkering with specs, whilst increasing list prices.

Iím lucky as my current GT has the whole shooting match of blue mood lighting including the panoramic sunroof strips, which I do very much like.

Youíll see posts here about the issue from a while ago:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...ghting-265129/
Old 08-11-19, 10:31 PM   #17

Mine are also working either side of the center console ... Gt-line Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nate Legend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-19, 10:32 PM   #18

Those LED were standard from Allure trim in early models but were removed in late 2018 models. Not sure if GT has them now...
Old 08-11-19, 10:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMutt View Post
Just been out and checked now it's dark, and although the upper doors, door pockets, instrument panel trim, charging tray, cupholders and centre storage are all lit up, there's not a sausage on the sides of the console.

Bill, it was a good idea but my mood lighting is whacked up to MAX and the car came like that.

Mooi - glad to know yours are working. At least if the dealer says the panels are not supposed to light up, I'll be able to demonstrate otherwise... info and photos from others also gratefully received.
Incidentally, do you actually have the strip cut outs within the trim on the left and right centre console panels?
Old 08-11-19, 10:34 PM   #20

I'm more than sure he has the cut outs as in the indented slits where the leds are meant to be just missing LED's i'm sure

Nate Legend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in