Bonnet out of line (photos attached) - Page 3 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-19, 05:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beds Runner View Post
Car delivered yesterday but after a couple of hours I noticed there is a bigger gap on the near side of the front edge of the bonnet compared to the off side front edge where it meets the front bumper trim over the headlights..

The problem is that I can't see how the issue has occurred as everything else lines up including the middle of the bonnet. Am I being fussy or is this the norm with a clamshell bonnet? The close up photos looks worse than the reality but it measures around a 1.5mm difference between the 2 sides.

Comments welcome as I can't see how any adjustment can be made without affecting other parallel parts.
A similar issue was first raised in June 2017 https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...2/#post1813362 and even earlier on the French forums. Yours does look worse but could be due to the angle you took the photo.
Advertisement

Old 10-11-19, 03:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
On my 5008 the bonnet is also a bit out of alignment, but not as much it would bother me. However I've watched many videos and photos and it feels that this alignment issue is a regular thing. I couldn't find many videos or photos where the bonnet was 100% correct. I'm no expert, but to me it seems also that the issue is more connected to the bumper. Or it's a mix of both (bumper + bonnet).

It feels that Peugeot has this issue with other models as well. Take a look at this screenshot from the new 208 official promo video. Well that is one out of line bonnet.
That's really poor for such a new model, and to use that in the promo video isn't a great advert for build quality and tolerances!

The bonnet alignment trouble has been around since the new 3008 launched back around 2017, with some cars looking OK or worse, whilst others didn't. I've got the official TSB for the fix on my own car, and I have to say, I'd rather have a bodyshop look at it, rather than my local 'trained' Peugeot dealer fitters. It is quite involved a fix and I'm not sure they'd get it right first time either!

As Dautres says, there is also an issue to do with the angle and the way that you look at the front of the new PSA design bonnet/bumpers, with it looking more out of line if you look from certain angles. My current 3008 seems OK, but occasionally the bonnet gap looks slightly wider at one end, when I glimpse it, from an unusual angle.

Last edited by Bluehdi; 10-11-19 at 03:54 PM.
Bluehdi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-19, 10:04 PM   #23

TSB??? So there is a service bulletin out for the car to fix this? Do we know what it says?
Beds Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-19, 10:10 PM   #24

The TSB Iíve got is the one mentioned here for vibrating bonnet (post #55):

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...45/index6.html
Old 12-11-19, 11:41 AM   #25

So today I went to the body shop in St Albans. Car was booked in straight away and disappeared into the workshop within 3 minutes. After another 10 minutes someone came to collect me so I could show them what the issue was.

They prodded and poked and sounded surprised when I said I had read online that changing the bonnet or the bumper had not fixed the problem on other 3008's. I was then told to wait back in the reception area.

20 minutes later they asked me to inspect the car. Got to say I was delighted. They had worked some magic on the bumper and then had to move the headlight as the move had created a gap around the headlight.

Photos are before and after. Still not perfect but 10 times better than it was. They said it was the best they could do on a bumper that had no adjustment.

Before

After

Bluehdi likes this.

Last edited by Beds Runner; 12-11-19 at 11:54 AM.
Beds Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-19, 12:10 PM   #26

That is much better. I cannot believe this left the factory QC with such a visible wide gap.

I would much rather trust this sort of work to a bodyshop, than allow a 'trained' fitter at the Peugeot garage to tinker with trying to resolve it.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in