Bonnet out of line (photos attached) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-19, 12:45 PM   #1

Default Bonnet out of line (photos attached)

Car delivered yesterday but after a couple of hours I noticed there is a bigger gap on the near side of the front edge of the bonnet compared to the off side front edge where it meets the front bumper trim over the headlights..

The problem is that I can't see how the issue has occurred as everything else lines up including the middle of the bonnet. Am I being fussy or is this the norm with a clamshell bonnet? The close up photos looks worse than the reality but it measures around a 1.5mm difference between the 2 sides.

Comments welcome as I can't see how any adjustment can be made without affecting other parallel parts.

Last edited by Beds Runner; 04-09-19 at 12:49 PM.
Beds Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-19, 11:51 AM   #2

Mines the same ;-(
markriduk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-19, 04:32 PM   #3

I saw one in a car park today and it was perfect with around a 3mm gap on each corner so they can get it right.

Old 05-09-19, 04:37 PM   #4

I must admit the gap on your bonnet does appear different to my own - it does seem wider at the edge.

I've had two 3008's and they have both had a degree of gap at this point. They also have a strange optical illusion that makes it look worse depending on how you look at it (straight on or side on).

I particularly notice mine some days, when I think is that a problem. The passenger side edge notably seems to protrude.

I'll try and grab comparative photos of mine in a short while.
Old 05-09-19, 04:56 PM   #5

A few comparison photos:
Attached Thumbnails
20190905_164434605_ios.jpg   20190905_164446909_ios.jpg   20190905_164510000_ios.jpg   20190905_164520407_ios.jpg  
Old 06-09-19, 06:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beds Runner View Post
Car delivered yesterday but after a couple of hours I noticed there is a bigger gap on the near side of the front edge of the bonnet compared to the off side front edge where it meets the front bumper trim over the headlights..

The problem is that I can't see how the issue has occurred as everything else lines up including the middle of the bonnet. Am I being fussy or is this the norm with a clamshell bonnet? The close up photos looks worse than the reality but it measures around a 1.5mm difference between the 2 sides.

Comments welcome as I can't see how any adjustment can be made without affecting other parallel parts.

I have exactly the same holes (bigger from right side and smaller from left side) My car have 3 weeks
mehacz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-19, 07:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehacz View Post
I have exactly the same holes (bigger from right side and smaller from left side) My car have 3 weeks
Hi Beds Runner

Nothing is perfect in this world, so forget about the tiny gap difference, and just enjoy your car

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
3008-suv.jpg  
QuarterBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-19, 07:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehacz View Post
Do you have LED lights or not as the bumper is different? I bought the Allure model but had the LED's as an option.

I was wondering if the issue is with the bonnet or the plastic moulding of the bumper but the weird thing is that every other parallel edge panel be it the bonnet or the bumper is perfect.

Now it has caught my eye every time I see it I slightly push down in the bonnet to get a perfect gap. The question is do I just live with it or go to the dealer? Will the dealer just say it is within manufacturing tolerances or is a characteristic of the car?

Quote:

Nothing is perfect in this world, so forget about the tiny gap difference, and just enjoy your car
What I don't want is a new bonnet that will have to be spayed I would imagine so it might be a case of just living with it as suggested.

Last edited by Beds Runner; 06-09-19 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-09-19, 07:39 AM   #9

If I came to look at this car either with the option of buying it or inspecting it at the end of a lease agreement. You would have some job convincing me that the car had not been involved in an accident. Take it back to the dealer and tell them you want it fixed properly.
Belfast4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-19, 07:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beds Runner View Post
Do you have LED lights or not as the bumper is different? I bought the Allure model but had the LED's as an option.
I have Crossway model with full leds. Dealer sayed that it is like that and they can't do anything...
PS I will do some photos and send it later today that you can see huge similarity

Update:

Last edited by mehacz; 09-09-19 at 07:04 AM.
mehacz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in