Any regrets - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-12-17, 08:05 AM   #1
Administrator

Default Any regrets

Now that the excitement of test drives, watching lots of you tube videos, reading reviews, participating here, waiting for delivery and taking ownership of your new 3008's has all been done, a lot of use have had ours quite a few months now.

My question is what do you think of your 3008 now?

Is it all you expected or wanted it to be/do. Do you wish you'd gone for your second choice car and are you glad you chose it.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3008 SUV GT Line 1.2 Auto Nimbus Grey
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-12-17, 08:21 AM   #2

My 3008 has most definitely lived up to the mark.
Being disabled I need a vehicle I can trust without question and be comfortable at the worst possible time.
Add to this you also get a vehicle with so many standard features that are optional extras to most other manufacturers, what’s not to like?

Granted, I have had the ‘odd’ quirk with a warning popping up here and there and a couple of occasions with the windows rolling down by themselves but on the whole my 3008 has been a dream.

Happy:- You bet I am.
Regrets:- Not a chance.
Jill, sadcamel and maxime like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3∞8 GT-Line 1.6 e-THP Pearl ~ Extras=Lots ✔️
Beards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-12-17, 08:58 AM   #3

As Beards I have the odd minor issue:

Windows rolling down (once) and still think this is me with the key
Random brake warning
Centre storage not releasing
Clunking from the drivers door when closing

Not one of these are major issues or distract from the car at all.

The car may seem expensive but then you get a lot for your money which when considered makes the 3008 good value.

Biggest thing is would you recommend this to someone else and my answer is - yes its a great looking car and has all the toys you could want in GT line spec.

Still fancy he C5 aircross next time based on images - real life may be a disappointment but lets see.

Old 26-12-17, 09:14 AM   #4

Not had the windows issue, had a few phantom brake now warnings and the odd groan from the brakes when reversing but apart from that shes been solid. Unless the price of a Lamborghini drops dramatically in the next 2 years i`ll be buying another.
Old 26-12-17, 11:37 AM   #5

Only had mine a week so still slightly in honeymoon mode, but so far I've found the following (I'm just very observant, really do like the car honest )

Negatives first:

- Day 2 of driving, had the amber spanner come up and the sat nav redirecting me to nearest garage for no apparent reason, couldn't press the spanner button to right of i-cockpit in time to get fault code

- Day 3 of driving, had random "BRAKE" alert

- Reversing camera is embarrassingly poor (and low framerate too!), really disappointed by this given that the other tech seems good quality, I don't think you would even see something this cheap fitted on a Dacia

- The car can lose it's footing if you hit a bump when going round a curve, I guess as it's actually quite a light vehicle

- The infotainment takes too long to load up the "modules", as soon as the Peugeot loading screen switches to the infotainment menu everything should be ready to use (have carried out latest software update, no improvement)

- GPS reception is ok but not hugely accurate, find the TomTom often thinking I'm on an adjacent or nearby road and starts redirecting me

- There really should be far more Radio station icons as seen on VW group vehicles

- The speed limit camera is nice but nearly always reads signs on slip roads and adjacent roads when travelling on the higher speed road, thus showing 30mph when speed limit is in fact 60+

- The light sensor is too fast (can this be adjusted?), when going under bridges in daylight turns instruments to night mode but takes a while to switch them back to daylight mode

Now the positives:

+ Very solid car throughout, it's actually really surprised me in this regard despite having test drives, even the rear passengers doors have a nice weight and close with a nice thunk (an area manufacturers often skimp on)

+ Beautiful interior vs the competition (can't be said enough)

+ i-Cockpit really is very nice, certainly doesn't feel like a cheap version of Audi's system. Has very good visibility in low sun!

+ Whilst the reversing camera is very poor, the 180 visio park camera is hugely useful, and great to have the dipping side mirrors too!

+ The 1.2 is proving very able, took a few days to loosen up but getting there, hope to see mpg improve further but have modest expectations

+ The suspension is nicely balanced, does quite well at soaking up bumps, and even the sharper ones don't ever feel jarring (I used to brace myself for bumps in the road with my Lexus and Volvo), yet the car remains very agile and not wallowy as some reviews suggest

+ The squidgy seats are very comfortable indeed once you find the right position

+ The side mirrors fold in and out quietly (another thing some manufacturers overlook)
Fontie, Bluehdi and slug the pug like this.

Last edited by TrainDriver; 26-12-17 at 11:40 AM.
TrainDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-12-17, 09:03 AM   #6

No regrets whatsoever.

In terms of hiccups, I have had a couple of fake "brake now" messages. Also, I have had to disable the auto full beam a couple of times because they seem to be very sensitive to muck on the windscreen near the sensor and have embarrassed me a couple of times. But thats it.

Things I would change? Probably just the need to turn off the stop start each time I get in.

Overall, best car I have ever had.
DSLRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-12-17, 08:06 PM   #7

Driving it today with all the systems failing in the snow and with my experience of poorly fitting panels, software that you can no longer update and parts of the media system simply not working(peugeot apps). I really do feel I would have been better off buying a tiguan, sure they are dearer and maybe soulless but the quality is much better and they are better screwed together.
Jill and Diamonddec like this.
Old 28-12-17, 07:13 AM   #8

Default Finally gone

Sadly my 3008 has now finally been rejected and returned as they could not fix the brake fault after over 4 weeks of it been in the garage and swapping various parts on instruction from technical in France.
I was offered a replacement at the last minute but wasn’t prepared to risk another due to the lack of knowledge / spares available.
Not a lot out there to choose from as a replacement but have opted for the new XC40.
Let’s hope Volvo aftersales / aftercare knowledge is better if needed !!
Hope none of you have the same problems as technical have no idea how to fix.
Old 28-12-17, 07:19 AM   #9

This is quite interesting..

It's almost as though the 3008 is made of Marmite!

Old 28-12-17, 10:34 AM   #10

Got ours back just before Christmas. Has spent 6 weeks in workshop since purchase in October. Headunit eventually replaced after much back and to between Peugeot & Continental and internal boot trim replaced to cure rattles & knocks.

It's now on it's last warning, told dealer it will be handed back if any more issues.

Apart from that, really like the vehicle, something different in a segment of blandness. Shame about the variable build quality, poor dealers and the fundamental lack of tech knowledge behind the cars.

Like has been said, there does not appear to be any middle ground they are either issue free or a PITA...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in