3008 Tom Tom 3d services not available - Page 14 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-19, 10:09 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Salt View Post
As the Tomtom Traffic relies on the mobile phone network for the transfer of data. I would think it highly likely there may be a mobile network transmitter down in the areas of non service. I have no idea what network the built-in sim uses, but it may well be where the issue is coming from? Maybe it has nothing at all to do with the satnav unit, Tomtom or Peugeot?
My thoughts exactly.
Advertisement

Old 11-07-19, 08:10 AM   #132

Hello,

2 ideas to look at:

1) In case there is a problem with your built in SIM card: Try to connect your car with you phone via tethering, to see if this solves the issue.

2) In case it stopped working approximately 1 year after initial purchase: I saw that on a member of another forum, he had to re-apply on https://services-store.peugeot.co.uk/ and re-enable the service. The upside of this is that he got 3 years since the new registration (4 in total).
gvard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-19, 08:13 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by rui.saraiva View Post
My thoughts exactly.
If the facts are looked at , the problem is easy to see , the fact is that the sat nav unit in the car is fine from what i can see , sitting outside my house there is no traffic info , drive 15 miles away and up comes the traffic info , so must be signal problems , this problem needs to be sorted and i will contact higher authorities in Peugeot every week until someone sits up and takes notice of their customers problems with this sat nav !!
lovemycar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-19, 08:14 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvard View Post
Hello,

2 ideas to look at:

1) In case there is a problem with your built in SIM card: Try to connect your car with you phone via tethering, to see if this solves the issue.

2) In case it stopped working approximately 1 year after initial purchase: I saw that on a member of another forum, he had to re-apply on https://services-store.peugeot.co.uk/ and re-enable the service. The upside of this is that he got 3 years since the new registration (4 in total).
Been there , done it passed on that info to Peugeot CC ..
Old 11-07-19, 08:52 AM   #135

Quote:
Hello,

2 ideas to look at:

1) The problem is that with a perfect working unit (Connected/TomTom services active AND available) and if the car has the "Connect Box" (with the SOS and the lion logo buttons) the system only uses the internal SIM card for that data.

I've checked my spylogs and I didn't find the mobile network used, but I did find the EMEI of my BTA - Boitier Télématique Autonome and some information about the connection. I'm sure there are information there about a poor/inexistent connection.
Old 11-07-19, 10:31 AM   #136

Quote:

My car was registered in May 2018 and already showed TomTom Traffic on the satnav display. However, I visited the site in your link just for fun in February 2019 and it said I wasn't subscribed to anything so I went to the store and ordered Connected 3D Navigation just to see what would happen and my order went through ok free of charge, now my subscription expires on 17/02/2022 so an extra 3 years on top of the 9 months I'd already had

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Elec Boot

Last edited by mooi1uk; 11-07-19 at 10:48 AM.
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-19, 01:13 PM   #137

I have contacted Customer Services again, and written to the CEO today.
Reply from Customer Services is "I`ve checked you VIN number and I can see that your request is still under investigation. Once I've received a response relating to your query, I'll forward you any information and update you as soon as possible. "
Total of 4 weeks now at least.
How long does it take ?????
The local Peugeot people have tried all they know, including using the "Peugeot" button in the roof panel to call for help, that all works, their conclusion is that the inbuild SIM card is working, because if it was faulty then the "Help" system would not work. Conclusion seems logical to me, unless anybody else has better info. !!
Martin.

Last edited by mwyatt; 11-07-19 at 01:17 PM.
mwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-19, 05:30 PM   #138

Default Terrible service

Desperately poor customer service , traffic info is intermittent , i have also contacted the CEO via email, if anybody else does they should send screen shots of the sat nav screen , fed up with this problem and will get rid of this car as soon as i can , see the photo and no traffic check box shown
Attached Thumbnails
no-traffic-service1.jpg  
Old 11-07-19, 06:04 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwyatt View Post
. . .
The local Peugeot people have tried all they know, including using the "Peugeot" button in the roof panel to call for help, that all works, their conclusion is that the inbuild SIM card is working, because if it was faulty then the "Help" system would not work. Conclusion seems logical to me, unless anybody else has better info. !!
Martin.
Yes, the SIM card is working and voice communication does work. But mobile data is another thing.
Old 11-07-19, 06:10 PM   #140

Just pinged an email to the CEO earlier as the problem remains unsolved and worse, no response from customer services.

On a side note, I connected the media system to my works Vodafone phone yesterday and to my personal Three phone today and the black spots were exactly the same as with the built in SIM.

I feel that I'm doing more than Peugeot to understand the problem.

Sent from my Power_3 using Tapatalk
lovemycar likes this.
corskey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in