1.2L PureTech 130 EAT8 S&S feedback - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-10-18, 10:21 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2
Default

Hi i am new in this forum.

I am interested in buying the 3008 1.2L PureTech 130 EAT8 S&S Allure. Can you share your experiences/feedback with this type of engine? What I want to know is if the engine is strong enough for that size of car. I did go for a test drive and felt that the car responds well. Any feedback is greatly appreciated on this version of 3008.

Thanks 😀
gianazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 16-10-18, 11:09 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 125
Default

I think you may have answered your own question, if you beiieved it responded well. Bare in mind the fuel consumption is approx 38mpg.
Is the EAT an auto, Iím confusing myself on this I think?
Matt12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-10-18, 04:33 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2
Default

Yes it is automatic.
gianazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 17-10-18, 03:10 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 125
Default

Yes I thought it was the auto, I've been told this numerous times and I still for some reason get confused because its been in the diesel for some time. That with the new engine emissions standard being released after Sept 1st

Then you would have driven the EAT6 the EAT 8 should be smoother and slightly better fuel consumption, unless you have one of the first delivered EAT8.
Matt12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-10-18, 03:59 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 73
Default

I've got the 1.2 in my manual Allure and can say it out performs higher displacement cars with ease. I had a 1.5 ecoboost 180 in my last car and that engine struggled like hell to pull the focus. But this little 1.2 is amazing and pulls the 3008 on easily with more to give if you want it. It only fades high up in the rev range really and is very good on fuel I'm getting more mpg out of a 2 week old car than I ever managed in the ford in 2 years. It will hopefully get better as the engine beds in.
Stig81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-10-18, 04:23 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
xaudi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lincs, UK
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig81 View Post
I've got the 1.2 in my manual Allure and can say it out performs higher displacement cars with ease. I had a 1.5 ecoboost 180 in my last car and that engine struggled like hell to pull the focus. But this little 1.2 is amazing and pulls the 3008 on easily with more to give if you want it. It only fades high up in the rev range really and is very good on fuel I'm getting more mpg out of a 2 week old car than I ever managed in the ford in 2 years. It will hopefully get better as the engine beds in.
I'm going the other way...changing my 3008 for the new Focus 1.5 Ecoboost 150. Hope I don't feel the same about it as you do!
__________________
GT-Line>1.6 Petrol>Auto>Copper.
xaudi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-10-18, 05:14 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 73
Default

I can only give my personal opinion on it and it wasn't a good engine at all. There's nothing from the turbo untill 2500 revs and it struggled you really have to work the engine to get anything from it. I felt that I was constantly having my foot planted to get anywhere and the mpg was shocking compared to the claims. The highest I managed was 30.2mpg on mixed roads to a claimed 55mpg that it should have been able to achieve. Now I know that you never get close to the claims but 20mpg down is not good at all.

I really hope you have a better experience than me but the 1.2 3pot is far better I think.
Stig81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-10-18, 07:21 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Horsham
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianazz View Post
Hi i am new in this forum.

I am interested in buying the 3008 1.2L PureTech 130 EAT8 S&S Allure. Can you share your experiences/feedback with this type of engine? What I want to know is if the engine is strong enough for that size of car. I did go for a test drive and felt that the car responds well. Any feedback is greatly appreciated on this version of 3008.

Thanks 😀
I have the Allure 1.2 EAT6. It has power, I average at least 38mpg. Costs about £55 to fill up and I am doing 400-500 miles per tank. I had a 1.2VW Polo before, manual petrol. I was getting about 390miles per tank which is the same size. i really am happy with my 3008. Drives really well and does have power.
DSB3008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-10-18, 07:49 PM   #9
Administrator
 
Beau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 2,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig81 View Post
I can only give my personal opinion on it and it wasn't a good engine at all. There's nothing from the turbo untill 2500 revs and it struggled you really have to work the engine to get anything from it. I felt that I was constantly having my foot planted to get anywhere and the mpg was shocking compared to the claims. The highest I managed was 30.2mpg on mixed roads to a claimed 55mpg that it should have been able to achieve. Now I know that you never get close to the claims but 20mpg down is not good at all.

I really hope you have a better experience than me but the 1.2 3pot is far better I think.
Totally agree. We had three of these Ecoboost 1.5's as pool cars and they were shocking for lack of power. Once it hit 2500 rpm it livened up a little, but you had to keep your foot right down for it to keep up from lights etc.

Fleet dept got rid of them as they were averaging just under 29mpg, but that was because you had to really push the engine.

Think that engine has has been built for low emissions than power or economy.

Also my neighbour had one from Eurocar on a weeks rental a month ago and was glad to give it back and get his Juke back from the bodyshop. He said it was lacklustre and uninspiring.

Apologise for going off topic.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


3008 SUV GT Line 1.2 Auto Nimbus Grey

Last edited by Beau; 17-10-18 at 07:52 PM.
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-18, 02:58 PM   #10
ABM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Hello,

I have just done 1000 miles in 5 days Edinburgh to France return.

Going south M74/A66/A1M/M11/M25/M20 we got around 49 mpg travelling at 70 mph (cruise control) with 2 adults on board.

Coming north (via M20/M25/congested M11/congested A14/M6/M74) with 12 doz wine in the boot but still travelling at 70 mph when possible it dipped to 44.7 mpg.

These figures exceed what I achieved in my old 3008 with the 1.6 diesel engine for the same journey and load.

The 1.2 turbo petrol engine is superb. The car is much better balanced and accelerates better. The only time it felt slightly underpowered was trying to accelerate on M6 over Shap.

Considering petrol is 25 - 30p/gallon cheaper than diesel I believe the 1.2 petrol is a much better bet.

Hope this helps

ABM

1.2/130S/S Allure Cumulus Grey
ABM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:21 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.