clutch problem 3008 1.6 hdi sport auto egc 2011 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2016 & prior)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-18, 07:21 PM   #1

Default clutch problem 3008 1.6 hdi sport auto egc 2011

i bought my car used from main dealer in 2016. i soon had problems.
1, felt like clutch slipping 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th.
2, when approaching red light for example i would slow down as lights changed to green i would put foot down but car would "pause for 2 or 3 seconds before accelerating. this has also happened a couple of times for about 30 seconds.
3, i have set off a couple of times in a morning and the car wouldn't change gear, either automatically or with the paddles, i have had to stop and turn the engine off and start again.

the car has been in the main dealer where they stripped the gearbox and reported to me that a spring in the flywheel had broken and damaged the clutch. they applied to the warranty company to replace the clutch and flywheel but they only allowed them to change the flywheel, i only found this out recently.

have continued to have the problems with the car but the main dealer are happy they have done all they should but will fit a new clutch for around 900.

has anybody had any of the symptoms above. thanks
johno1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-18, 02:45 PM   #2

Hi. I had the same car with the same problem; the pause you mentioned on mine was the car deciding to drop down a gear at the worst possible time (near death experience a few times).
I got into the habit of checking which gear it was in when approaching lights and changing down to 1st manually.
I cover a lot of miles every year and I can honestly say the egc gearbox is the worst I have driven, you will get used to it but it will never be a good experience.
The car itself is nice to drive so I traded it in for another 3008 with a manual gearbox, much happier now.
cris1117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-04-18, 01:41 PM   #3

nothing worse though than dropping gear and car changes at same time.
johno1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-19, 01:26 PM   #4
dab

Default screech. 2011 3008

now and again I have a screeching noise when reversing uphill.
dab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in