Peugeot Forums banner

Trip Computer button

45K views 46 replies 14 participants last post by  DJ_BZI 
#1 ·
Hi all, i am looking for someone who will be willing to sell a spare (working) trip button switch that will connect to the end of the wiper stalk.

#13 ·
Right these are the pics , i also opened a comm stalk that had a ribbon but no trip switch, the tops seem identical except the none trip switch has no spring and has no pointer (the thing that goes through hole in the top of the stalk ) so am i right in thinking you are going to replace just the round switch (second photo) to see if that works?

Attachments

#14 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Right these are the pics , i also opened a comm stalk that had a ribbon but no trip switch, the tops seem identical except the none trip switch has no spring and has no pointer (the thing that goes through hole in the top of the stalk ) so am i right in thinking you are going to replace just the round switch (second photo) to see if that works?
yes spot on i was right all along regarding this thanks betty for these pics helped me out no end just got to sort out a spring now.cheers:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

#23 ·
Stubbo said:
Crap, wish i'd have thought of posting a "looking for" :(

does the faulty comm have front foglight switch on the other side?
Right took another one apart to see what the story is with the fog lights if you try to pop the whole end off that has the fog lights it won`t go so i opened the comm , there is a ribbon that runs the length of the stalk and connects into a plug on the circuit board , pull the plug up a little and the ribbon comes out , then you can remove stalk and put it into your comm if it has the ribbon also, i think if you have a ribbon on the wiper side you will have ribbon on fog light side ,so if you have ribbons you need the whole indicator stalk for the foglights and if zoo trys the end cap on his and it works then you don`t need the whole stalk for the trip switch .

Any questions? (i hope not :eek: ) more pictures next post

Attachments

#25 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Right took another one apart to see what the story is with the fog lights if you try to pop the whole end off that has the fog lights it won`t go so i opened the comm , there is a ribbon that runs the length of the stalk and connects into a plug on the circuit board , pull the plug up a little and the ribbon comes out , then you can remove stalk and put it into your comm if it has the ribbon also, i think if you have a ribbon on the wiper side you will have ribbon on fog light side ,so if you have ribbons you need the whole indicator stalk for the foglights and if zoo trys the end cap on his and it works then you don`t need the whole stalk for the trip switch .

Any questions? (i hope not :eek: ) more pictures next post
i can confirm trip now works with just the end button replaced by one betty sold me and zooankski enabled trip on pp :thumb: :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.