Peugeot Forums banner

306 wont start

7K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Abdulganiyu 
#1 ·
Hi guys, have a big problem please help!!!
So, i will start: i have peugeot 306 1996 1,3l petrol.engine. i.came to.workshop.to.replace starter. After replacing starter car wont start, ofcourse they before replacing starter they disconmect battery but car wont start. Inside car are imobilieser calculator(dunno how to.say in other words, maybe calculator) where you.need to.put pin.codę.but car wont start. I found some.information.that imobilieser has been gone, after doing disconnect baterry.or change starter. How.i can reset imobilieser? Before putting code there are red light and when i put code there flash green but.car wont start. Maybe any ideas?'thanks :)

Išsiųsta naudojantis HUAWEI VNS-L21 Tapatalk 4 Lt

#3 ·
Okey, so they changed starter, if you put 2 wires in 1 bolt on starter there are flashing res light inside car, when you put pin code then flash green light. Car are cranking but not starting, injector dont have supply
If you put 2wires not in 1bolt but seperately, because there are 2 bolt.on starter inside car are flashing green and red lights together and i cant put code.

#4 ·
Was the immobiliser working correctly BEFORE the starter motor was replaced.

A lot of people used to get annoyed with the pin code immobiliser & would input the 4 digit pin code & then unplug it so it wouldn't re arm again.

What happens then is if the battery goes flat or is ever disconnected, when the battery is reconnected the immobiliser will arm itself & wont disarm without the correct 4 digit pin code being used.

A lot of people back in the day bought Peugeot / Citroen vehicles with a non working pin code immobiliser because the previous owner got annoyed & disconnected it, everything is fine until the battery goes flat / gets disconnected & then they end up with an immobilised car.

Does the keypad have a button marked D/N or a button marked S - two different types of keypad system used.

#5 ·
Yes mr lee, before replacing starter motor everything with car was great, he starrted and rided.
Yes inside are 4 digital pin.code by 9 digitals. Now car is in.workshop and mechanics dunno what yo.do

#7 ·
Ignition key removed - red led should flash slowly on the keypad.

Turn the ignition key on & red led should go solid & allow you to enter the 4 digit code.

If correct code is entered the red led will go off & the green led will come on solid until the engine starts.

Do you have both led on at the same time OR the red led is flashing fast & a warning beep from the keypad?

#8 ·
Ignition key removed - red led should flash slowly on the keypad.

Turn the ignition key on & red led should go solid & allow you to enter the 4 digit code.

If correct code is entered the red led will go off & the green led will come on solid until the engine starts.

Do you have both led on at the same time OR the red led is flashing fast & a warning beep from the keypad?
Before starting red light, then put code and flash green light

#12 ·
They must be put the way you say the green light works as thats the right way ! you never put ANY wires on the bottom connector sorry but a starter replacement is not hard i cannot see how you have made it this hard.

My guess is you have disconnected something else and not refitted it during the process injector feed wires are a common one on the TU engines

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.