Peugeot Forums banner

Replacing the audio

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jasonf 
#1 ·
Hi. New to this forum. I`ve got a 2007 model of the 4007. I`m thinking replace the original audio with a 2 din newer model. I`ve got the std cd changer, radio type. So I know I need the modul for steeringwheel wiring harness.
and this Connects2 CT23PE06 Peugeot 4007 2007 On Car Stereo Double Din Facia Fascia Panel from Car audio warehouse.

Car audio Warehouse told me to got picture of the players backside and model no.! Are there some who already got it? Or easily know how to fix it?

#2 ·
good luck...do lots of research, there is nothing on youtube thats much help but halfords audio guy is excellent at helping decide what you need...so far i have looked at

1...new facia ..about £30
2...primary audio lead..varies but about £10...this connects to car loom plugs and gives you iso on other end or bare wires that you solder on to new head unit harness leads that come with new radio
3...steering wheel patch lead and module ( connects2 ct23pe06) £30 but if its a branded radio you may not need it as the radio can program itself
4...head unit...check size for fit in new bezle ...bezel is 173mm x 98mm £lots
depending what you need (be carefull with unbranded chinese stuff)

hope thats of some help, i,m still deciding weather to bother as i only fancied doing it to get my phone hands free and a reversing camera but may just get a parrot kit and SOT lead as my bluetooth module died and i had to take it out as it was draining my battery every 2/3 days ...cheers...

hopefully someone else may have allready done it and be able to point us both in right direction

2009 4007 sport

#3 ·
ok ... so brought a pioneer double din radio £100, a ctms2 steering wheel control module (came with a free universal patch lead) £30, an xtrons facia( came with some addapters so you can fit chinese or odd sized radios and it was supprisingly good quality)£26

the facia you have to remove the hazard warning and safety belt warning pc board (few screws and a ribon conector) and the two front plastic windows and put them in the new facea...just warm the windows up and use a plectrum or something plastic like a coffee stirrer to prize them up without damaging them...sounds complicated but its not, you wont need the ribbon conector as that is just the feed to the old headunit display that stays in the old facia.connect everything up starting at radio first, last thing you connect is harness to car or you will confuse the steering wheel control and it wont work untill you unplug it and plug it back in( if you plug unit into car it tries to set itself up but if radio is not attached it cant see anything and doesnt work)...radio was iso so ctms2 was outlander/4007/ccrosser model with iso adapter....everything just plugs in, i used brackets from old head unit as pioneer came with a cage that felt very flimsy, the bracket i had to elongate a hole at bottom about 1mm as it held the radio at a very slight angle and i,m a bit ocd but other than that dead straight forward fitting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.