Peugeot Forums banner

308 headlight

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Brilec 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Im an owner of a 2008 (58) Peugeot 308 1.6 HDI sport. I'm finding the car to be great apart from the headlights. At night the visibility is poor. Cleaned the headlights but still low visibility. Wanted to get led lights but not sure if the car had reflector headlights or projector. Really hope you guys can help me out thanks again. Dee.

#7 ·
Ok so i bought the osram night breaker laser. And have noticed a great improvement. I would now like to replace all the lights on my car but one thing is holding me back. That's the life of them. Lifetime is half normal bulbs. I dont Want to change them all if they're not going to last long. What's your take? Thanks again for all the help. Dee.

#8 ·
All bulbs blow in time. The Nightbreakers I had lasted well, I sold the car then so I have no idea how much longer they lasted. I certainly have had other cheap Ebay bulbs which lasted far less time.
I only changed both main and dip bulbs, never bothered with the fog lights as so rarely used anyway.

#9 ·
I have to admit I live in an area that has street lights everywhere

I went out to the Cotswolds and where the cats eyes in the road were poor I couldn’t see the road at all unless I had my main beam on

I have my headlights angled up as much as possible is this making it worse ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Do you know what bulbs are fitted? Worth changing if they are normal old style bulbs.
Obviously the lights should be set so you can't dazzle oncoming drivers. Automatic MOT fail.

The other thing is to make sure the bulb is seated properly in the holder. Doesn't take much to ruin the light beam and make you think it's not working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.