Peugeot Forums - View Single Post - A Christmas Message
View Single Post
Old 09-12-18, 04:33 PM   #1
Beau
Administrator

Default A Christmas Message

Hi all,

Christmas will soon be here again and the end of another year.

It's therefore time for me to let you know what's been happening to on our forum during 2018 and look towards 2019.

I told you last Christmas that 2017 was the record year for new members signing up and hoped, now that the whole forum has been refreshed, this would continue in 2018.

I am pleased to report that 2018 is our new record year, almost 10% up on 2017. Surely these increases can't continue, but with Peugeot bringing out new models and new Generations of existing models, I think records may be broken again next year.

Another huge positive is the members who are joining are posting more than historically. Of course, there are still many who join for help and advice that, once given, are never heard from again, but more are now staying on the forum and getting a good post count.

This is down to you all making them feel welcome and interacting well with these new members.

About six months ago, we had a bad month for spam bots and Chinese marketing reps focussing on our site hoping to sell their wares by blanket posting.

I even had to add a new layer to our ad/spam blocker to foil them plus I know your Moderation team checked every new members post to ensure they didn't get anything on to the Forum to spoil your experience and enjoyment.

Your Mod team led by Stevoxsi, (Stevo), have again excelled themselves this year and, to a man, have shared every aspect of keeping the site updated, focussed, informative but most of all a safe place to be. They bring to years of experience of Peugeots and being on the Forum to help members both new and old with plenty of common sense Moderating all of which they, and I, do for the commitment to the forum and no financial reward....well done guys.

Stevos' Mod team increased earlier this year with Windy and Noddy Hol kindly joining the Staff. Both are very highly respected members and were needed due to the numbers of new members as mentioned before. Thank you both.

I rearranged a couple of sub forums to reflect Peugeots new releases, (Rifter to name one), and regrouped some others to make site navigation easier for everyone.

As always, if anyone has any suggestions on how we can continue to improve the site, please do contact either myself or a Moderator. We understand, unlike a few years ago where it lost its way, the site cannot stand still and must continue to evolve to ensure we are the best site out there for Peugeot enthusiasts.

With all that said, most importantly, we must thank every single one of you, for your support of Peugeotforums.com by continuing to post and sharing you knowledge and advice and making the Forum the community it is today.

I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Paul

Admin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3008 SUV GT Line 1.2 Auto Nimbus Grey

Last edited by Beau; 09-12-18 at 10:58 PM.
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote