Peugeot Forums banner

207 1.6HDI Depolution system faulty alert, decreased power

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Riaan159357 
#1 ·
So I bought a 2007 207HDI peugeot two days ago. It drove fine in the testdrive, and 5km later the antipolution system faulty alert came up, followed by a dramatic decrease in power. I struggle to stay above 80km/h. So initially I thought it would be tge catalytic converter. I took the car to a garage and had them run a diagnostic test on the car, which resulted in the following codes: P1351, P0402, P1728. They then reset the codes, and ran a diagnostic again, no codes csme up. But the problem still wasn't fixed. They then said we have to remove the cat. Then they said the car has a dpf and not a cat. Then all off a suden i have to replace the turbo and all filters. Seemed to me they just wanted to make money. The handbook says that the 207 hdi doesnt have a particle filter, but this guy said it has one and not a cat. Whereas the book says it has a cat and not a dpf. So now I'm confused as to what the problem could be.

Firsty does the 2007 207 HDI 1.6 have a cat or a dpf?

Can I remove it ?

I saw online on discussions they are tslking about topping up dpf fluid? Where is the tank located? Shouldnt a notification come up to alert me tgat the fluid is empty if so?

Please help?

See less See more
#2 ·
Clearing fault codes does NOT fix the fault.

If you went to the doctor and you told him your symptoms, you wouldn't be cured once you've offloaded your problems to him - you'd expect medicine. And that's what the car is doing - its giving you its codes and expects medicine and skill to repair them.

The fault codes you've listed are all well documented on here which should be a starting point.

DPF additive tank or pouch is in the rear wheel arch. But replacing or refilling that won't fix your problems.

If the DPF system (assuming it has one) has been neglected and failed and clogged up the engine components then you would expect to have to do a lot of cleaning or replacing of them.

You need to take it to a garage or fellow member with Planet or Diagbox diagnostic equipment. The two links below will get you started.

Or return the car for a refund or repair, as I feel you've just bought someone else's problems.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forum...ntact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

#6 ·
poduct type car
commercial marque/component type peugeot
vehicle family 207
silhouette 5 door saloon
trim level xs premium
engine diesel turbo dv6ted4 fap
transmission bvm5
paint type non-metallic paint
body colour ewp - banquise white paint
interior trim type zindal stitching + sofis "m9"
upholstery colour "fx"
gearbox (characteristics) be4-5l manual gearbox

Yes it has a f.a.p...dpf

#9 ·
9HZ is a 110 with DPF

You now need the car looked at PROPERLY using computer to look at the DPF parameters in detail to see WHY your getting the error.there is a lot to look into im not going to list everything its well documented on the forum aready.

#10 ·
So I found the location of the DPF fluid tank (right rear wheel). Does anyone know perhaps how to check the level? Will the car (2007 207 1.6 HDI) alert me whether it is empty or what? I,m about 1000km from the nearest Peugeot dealer, so it is difficult to do the correct diagnostic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.