Peugeot Forums banner

Major electrical fault

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  madbadandold 
#1 ·
On Sunday my cars alternator broke I was getting all kind of crazy fault messages from breaks, air bags and air pollution, whilst losing electrical power to the Rev counter and clock and the power steering stiffened up but was driveable I also blew both headlights as a result, had anew alternator fitted Monday and seemed the Problem was fixed................. until tonight when I lost all electrical power re blew one headlight and totally lost all power steering (not much fun at 60mph) and clock and rev counter went although after turning the car off it drove Like normal as I nursed it Home to my dads, is this as I’m beginning to fear an ECU related Issue from the alternator fault at the weekend ? As a sub note the alternator is producing the 14v compared the 18 odd it was chucking out before it was replaced

#2 ·
Basics first. Have battery load tested, check all main battery connections and earths for security and corrosion by removing and inspecting, cleaning and replacing. This includes the earth straps to engine and gearbox. Check all fuses are good and the correct ones and, as best as can, inspect the wiring looms, especially the one from the alternator, for signs of overheating, burning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.