Peugeot Forums banner

How I spent £1000 in one week and still have issues

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Sinisha 
#1 · (Edited)
So lets start off with saying, not all repairs are the fault of the car, yes some are me.

Repair 1) New Diesel Filter.
Was driving for 45 minutes and suddenly the car lost power and would jump. Had messages from the automatic braking had an issue to engine and stop icons

Took the car to my Peugeot dealer and they have diagnose a new diesel filter is required due to waxing
Cost £115 all in

Repaire 2) 24 hours later...the snow came and my driving skills went..

Hit a curb and bent a track rod. My fault fixed by a non Peugeot mechanics plus 1 tyre

Costs £330

Repair 3) The alternator (again) but this time no warranty...24 hours later (not counting repair time)

Started driving and could hear what I thought was a flat tyre, it wasn't, the fan belt was being shredded, the alternator has seized. This is the second time the I've had an issue but the 1st was replaced (or I hope was) under warranty.

Cost £770....£550 for the alternator :mad:

Now I have white smoke for short periods of time coming from passenger side and also a recall on the tensioner pulley (bit annoyed this only came to light when I was calling around for a alternator part) and tonight had a message come up again (same as per the diesel filter issue) in the rain to say the automatic braking has failed but at low speeds, the warning went when i came to a stop in traffic.

So does anyone have any ideas about the white smoke and the braking light and message ?

Please be kind!

See less See more
#3 ·
I have AEB on mine as its the GT model (not GT line). It caused all sorts of issues for me. Had reports of fusebox fault - needed replacing. Software needed updating. The radar sensor will not work in very heavy rain and snow. It just gets confused. In this case it will come on as a fault and go away. But if you get the fault in good weather it could be a number of faults thats needs to be diagnosed. Thankfully my AEB faults have gone away..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.