Peugeot Forums banner

(more) Cruise control installation problems

7K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Torque69 
#1 ·
I have just installed Diagbox v5.29 and it communicates with my car (62 plate 308SW Access). I have fitted the cruise control lever and used Diagbox to get into Accessories - Install Cruise control. It asks for the RPO/DAM number. On my B pillar, the label says 1309189 so I entered 13091. I received the message:
" Engine ECU unlocking error, syntax error@/n operating conditions not satisfied"
What does this mean? I assume that I can fit cruise control as it seemed to be an option on the Diagbox accessories list (although it didn't seem to appear in pp2000 list) and others on this forum seem to have installed it on similar vehicles. Why does Peugeot need everything to be coded in, have they not heard of "plug & play"?
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Ian

#2 ·
It is plug and play if conditions are met. The ECUunlocking error is usually there to prevent the wrong things being changed.

I found the easiest way to install cruise on my 308 was to go into the prepare car for the customer and in there tell the software it has cruise control. Once you commit the change by hitting f5 it takes care of all the settings that need changing.

I think it's made more difficult than it need be to try and prevent dealers losing possible revenue by people like us retro fitting it.

#5 ·
I've checked the clutch switch and it seems to be there. I've also upgraded Diagbox from 6.29 to 7.02 (any higher and things start to go wrong) and now I don't get an error message but it tells me that I'm not allowed to install cruise control when I get to the various cruise options. It The program does not seem to recognise the ECU number so perhaps I need a later version of Diagbox. I'll work on it, at the moment I'm trying to install an aux input.

#6 ·
Yet more 308SW cruise control problems.

Having fitted a cruise contol stalk with limiter to the car I have managed to activate it in the BSI so that it shows up on the dashboard but I can't access the ECU so it will not work. Yesterday I took the car in for a service at a Peugeot dealer and asked them to code it in. The mechanic tried for about an hour without success (and without charging me!) and then, I believe, contacted Peugeot technical. The technical dept suggested that as the car was not originally fitted with cruise control (it's the Access version,ie base model) it would not work with the 6242 Z8 lever but might need a "post equipment speed regulator kit" part No 1609764580. Searching this "kit"the Internet brings up a picture of a lever that looks like the 6242 Z9 (cruise without limiter) and the Citroen/Peugeot (service) note 2592 Ref 1609764580 suggests that it will work with a 308 (T7, T9) and says OPR 11620 onwards. My OPR is 13091 so it should work but at a cost of about £200 for the lever + fitting + coding it is a bit of a risk if the Access ECU won't take it.
Does anyone have experience of this kit or part number, if so I would be very grateful for any advice.
Thanks,
Ian

#8 ·
Hi Gibbo,
Thanks for the reply. No, my lexia is Rev B which is probably why I can't use higher than V5.29 and that is probably too old to read the ECU. I can't understand why the Peugeot dealer couldn't get it to code and I'm wondering whether the Access model has a more restricted ECU because it's the basic model. The genuine fitting instructions that I found on the Internet seem to come from Diagbox v6.38 and say that it can be fitted on a 308 T7 after OPR 11620 (mine is 13091 89) using the "kit" I mentioned which looks just like a normal cruise lever without speed control plus a set of instructions. All rather confusing.

#9 ·
Also depends on engine/ECU type. A few models do not allow you to switch cruise on in ecu as they are setup to download a new software version to enable it.

I think it was a sneaky way for PSA to stop it being enabled outside of the dealer network however some remappers can switch it on

#10 ·
Bump!

My 2013 308sw 1.6eHDI is an Access model so curious to know if the OP resolved or not as I'm planning to buy CC stalk and get it activated. Originally was thinking to get with limiter but if this appears an issue adding the regular CC will be fine for me..

🤔

#11 ·
Hi Torque69,
Sorry, I haven't done any more about fitting cruise control because I haven't got round to buying an updated version of Lexia. I don't see why it shouldn't work with the right Lexia version. If you Google "Peugeot cruise control 16 097 645 80" and then scroll down to - Ref: 16 097 645 80 OPR; 1162 C-Elysee JUMPY III, you get the Peugeot iofficial instructions on how to do it. I hope that this helps & I'm sorry that I can't be of more assistance.. If you manage it can you keep us all posted as I'm sure that others, including myself, would be interested.

#12 ·
Thank you bowei001!
I will surely update once I've got around to sourcing my stalk. My preference to find someone with the appropriate knowledge and software to get mine configured.
:)

#14 ·
Cruise control also needs to be switched ON in the engine ECU for it to work.
You need to cross your fingers as some engine ECU depending on the model its fitted to have this function completely locked out in the software & even a Peugeot main dealer wont be able to change it.

#16 ·
Cruise control also needs to be switched ON in the engine ECU for it to work.
You need to cross your fingers as some engine ECU depending on the model its fitted to have this function completely locked out in the software & even a Peugeot main dealer wont be able to change it.
Thanks Mr Lee, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for sure!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.